This counts as a city by American standards

This counts as a city by American standards.

Attached: phoenix.jpg (3024x4032, 2.53M)

What's even the point of life today

seems deserty yet there are green patches and lakes

to fuck and get drunk

Yes. In first world countries we have pipes to transport water.

I'm saying that seems like a waste of water, literally just build cities were there is green shit or at least a big river crossing the city

Americans use a shitload of water

That's planted grass. Phoenix is right at the center of a desert where there's no water for miles. All of Phoenix's water needs to be transported from elsewhere, mostly the Colorado river, but that river is drying up. I don't know how Phoenix expects to survive once they run out of water.

I love cities skylines as well

that's why it seems like a bad idea long term

There's some folks here calling to divert a portion of the fucking Mississippi river to fill Lake Mead, these people have lost the plot and the southwest will be mad-max tier within a couple of decades

Attached: 1349714852917.png (626x551, 17.79K)

Of course, Californians used a record high amount of water during a dry period

republicans do not belive in the forward march of time
using up a resource is not a consideration they make

Attached: 1654716503378.png (454x777, 694.44K)

Why don't they just make it straight line at this point? Make it everything square and straight line.

well at least they have a park
*zooms in*
... it's a fucking golf course...

Phoenix uses less municipal water per day than Sweden.

I meant to say per capita

it started out as a straight line around the railroad tracks, but then cars happened so sprawl occurred. Then the railroads were abandoned and demolished, eliminating all trace of their existence.

I want to know why it became so populated. Like what even draws people to live there? It's not famous for anything except being hot

Ugh, houses. So hecking creepy

Neighborhoods as intentionally designed with less efficient through traffic to increase the use of main roads and decrease neighborhood traffic. That one big windy strip is a canal, not a road. The grid mainly only breaks down around mountains.

Yes, but Sweden's not in a water crunch and is not located in the middle of a dessert. Just looking at that overhead picture I can see several ways that they're wasting water.

Early on it was mostly mining throughout the state. Then citrus and cotton agriculture, then tourism started to play a much larger roll. Large aerospace and other technical industry now, and a massive business sector.

>what even draws people to live there
cheap land
that's it
it's just a snowball effect, if people had started clustering around cheap land in the middle of Alaska there'd be an unnatural city there instesd
this is where people go when they want rural prices but urban living

That makes sense. It's also why Australian cities sprawl out so far

the southwest is kino. you're jealous.

Yes, quite a few ways. It's still the best city in the nation as far as water conservation on a per capita basis. The stuff that looks blatant is a very small overall use, as in less than 1% of total use for golf courses now. They tend to use a mix of greywater, to the chagrin of a lot of golfers (it makes extra salt build up in the turf over time).

>Neighborhoods as intentionally designed with less efficient through traffic to increase the use of main roads and decrease neighborhood traffic.
I never thought about that for some reasons, but that's actually smart.

but since there's no other way to travel across the city, doesn't that make a ton of traffic on the main roads?

it's to keep all the Cali/Az fags contained, we don't want those "people" living in actually habitable places

We have highways, freeways, light rail (lul) and other thoroughfares. Every major block is a large main road for the most part, excepting some huge neighborhood developments. The sprawl is massive, though.

Of course, but don't expect Americans to understand this. They still refer to and complain about "the traffic" not realizing they're part of it.