Americhads

>Americhads
CACTVS ENJOYERS
>Europeons
cactus non-havers

Attached: Cactus Distribution.png (1427x628, 440.89K)

I live me some CACTVS. I have several but they are a pain to grow in Wales. Not because of the temp but because of the humidiity and moisture in the soil. We frequent 90%+ humidity and it is just not good for the cacti.

i have always been curious about CACTVS but i never had the chance to try, what does it taste like?

Chicken.

If they are able to grow in fucking alberta, how come they haven't been introduced elsewhere?
I live in a subtropical area with 1400mm rainfall per year, and there's plenty of them in the wild

i haved it nigger

Are you telling me that Australia has no cactuses despite being a giant semi-arid hellhole??

should've seen it coming
any other user care to enlighten me, perhaps?

I had a cactus plant as a kid and basically never watered it

Anytime it pricked me it like injected something into me that caused a red mark

What's the difference between the green and blue cactus? Also I always thought the med cunts had some native cacti.

Sui generis
All Cactaceae species originated in the Americas, but one species (Rhipsalis baccifera) reached Madagascar, Mozambique and Sri Lanka somehow thousand of years ago.

Attached: R28-25734.jpg (900x600, 614.79K)

This stuff is actually pretty close to the flavor of a prickly pear, it basically tastes like watermelon.

The actual fruit is mostly seeds, so you won't get a lot of fruit.

Attached: 5C3C7F35-805D-4AD8-89FB-A73C60A4B289.jpg (750x738, 67.01K)

i have actually tried this but i doubt there's an user here who has tried both who can actually tell me how accurate the taste is

Attached: large_6201295c326e5f0b6e2de6bae6d6c603.jpg (623x467, 244.77K)

In my region we eat all kind of cactus fruits, we also eat the green part of the Genus Opuntia

Attached: garambullos 2.jpg (1140x712, 84.05K)

Attached: USA-California-Anza-Borrego-Desert-Metal-Sculptures-1607829358-ss-blog-800x450-1.jpg (800x450, 61.67K)

green bean

Attached: img83268.jpg (1423x711, 170.29K)

It's bland, maybe a little bitter. It feels like a fresh pepper when you bite it. I've heard it tastes really bitter if you try it raw but I don't know why you would do that. Some people don't like it because it has a colorless slime inside its tissues which is how they store water but you can get rid of that with a nice rinse.
that's why I like them, really cool and hardy plants and their flowers are really pretty
Probably introduced by humans, either accidentally or willingly. Cactaceae is only native to the american continent and some people believe it originated in what today is South America. Australia has an opuntia cactus (prickly pear cactus) infestation, while humans introduced them as garden plants the birds are responsible for spreading their seeds. The old world has some similar plants, mainly from Africa, they belong to the Euphorbiaceae family.

Attached: egsgsdgs.jpg (950x469, 160.36K)

interesting, so that's exclusive to your region? which one would that be?

if it really does then i'd probably enjoy it

>It's bland, maybe a little bitter. It feels like a fresh pepper when you bite it. I've heard it tastes really bitter if you try it raw but I don't know why you would do that. Some people don't like it because it has a colorless slime inside its tissues which is how they store water but you can get rid of that with a nice rinse.
interesting, and what are common dishes involving CACTVS?
some other user posted something that appeared to be a CACTVS salat for example

Why does it have a European name then? Checkmate

The most common dishes involving this cactus are this salad (accompanied with onion, tomatoes, avocado and even fresh cheese) and also using the cactus itself as a side dish for tacos, northern mexicans for example love to use them in their barbecues grilling them together with the meat and chambray onions

There are other two dish I like which are bits of scrambled eggs cooked together with boiled cactus and a bit of salt oregano and pepper, my mom also used to cook the cactus with chicken or steak in a sort of green hot stew (green salsa).

Attached: 3urh3rlhl.jpg (894x761, 293.39K)