I just went to see Elvis cause i needed to see if he was shit or not...

I just went to see Elvis cause i needed to see if he was shit or not, and fully unbiased this shit was incredible as far as portrayal, didnt feel forced at all and by the end you really believed it. hope austin butler gets some more roles, i went into this wanting to dislike him

Attached: download (15).jpg (266x190, 8.29K)

The first 1/3 of the movie was shit IMO. Why was that portion edited like a trailer and why were all his songs remixed by some shitty rappers? The rest was bretty gud.

>Why was that portion edited like a trailer and why were all his songs remixed by some shitty rappers?
You can thank the director for that.

He's playing Feyd Rautha in Dunc 2

Attached: Will-Austin-Butler-be-Feyd-Rautha-Harkonnen.jpg (1280x720, 126.44K)

I honestly wouldnt really say the movie was good nor bad, its weird. it was 100% entertaining? But if i was gonna analyze it was pretty messy and over visual. But seriously austin butler deserves any praise that anyone is saying out there, the fucker doesnt even come off like this what so ever off screen. He killed it IMO, im still impressed

Also the ending scene with the real footage hit me pretty hard

>remixed by shitty rappers
Please tell me this isn’t real

He always be not!Chase to me.

The whole method acting schtick he’s pulling of not being able to stop the accent is cringe

But he looks nothing like Elvis. I’d rather see Jim Carrey as Elvis than this twinky bitch. Women weren’t into limp wristed fucbois then. They wanted tall bulky chisel jawed chads

It is a little cringe when you see it but if you put yourself into his shoes speaking like someone else 24/7 for 2-3 years daily i can see it really affecting my voice, when I go back to visit europe I come back with an accent but otherwise dont have one

Youd be surprised user, the later years of this movie when he has longer hair it looks a lot like elvis and it looks fine otherwise

It's weird. If it weren't for that 1/3rd, I would give this movie a better score. It's like the director had a shittyness quota to meet or something.
Yeah. The editing kept reminding me of Suicide Squad (2016) with all the transitions and CGI, but thank fuck they stopped fucking around in time for the "peak of his career" section. And yes, Austin Butler killed it as Elvis
>Also the ending scene with the real footage hit me pretty hard
>mfw now I know the depressing reason why Elvis is a Vegas icon
Yeah. Songs like "Hound Dog" and "A Little Less Conversation" were sampled by Nicki Minaj(?) or some other rap thot. And yes, it is awkward as fuck hearing bass and modern rap lyrics for a movie that takes place in the mid 1900's. Thankfully, not all of his songs were butchered.

Attached: 1621388721737.jpg (516x516, 28.68K)

t. shill

I agree with everything you wrote

Not everything is a shill user, im just rarely leav fill very impressed and his portrayal did it for me, the movie itself? Entertaining but id say overall Mid, jumps around too much, leaves you wanting to know more about elvis like why etc, feels more like a cool montage with a strong second half

It’s been a hard days night
And I’ve been working like a dog
It’s been a hard days night
I should be sleeping like a log

Attached: 44FA04A4-46F1-4CE5-B9C0-DEA4C7C67FF2.jpg (600x750, 68.86K)

No I think you're a shill, and I haven't accused anybody of being a shill in literal months. Any actual Elvis fans wouldn't see this zoomer garbage.

It's like I said I think you're wrong and youre not listening to what im saying. I am posting about HIS PORTRAYAL and didnt even wanna make comments about the film as a film, the zoomer music is cringe as fuck but its like 3 minutes. I am a huge elvis fan and i think the portrayal was awesome and if youre a fan youll enjoy the movie
The entire long scene/ portrayal of the comeback special was fucking awesome and fun. Anyway eat my cock faggot.

>Any actual Elvis fans wouldn't see this zoomer garbage.
I went to see this film because my 13 year old brother kept pestering me to take him.

Go take him to see blackphone lel

This movie was absolute trash what the fuck are you faggots talking about? A literal homo and Priscilla Presley present this fucked up homosexual portrayal of Elvis as some kind of simpering insecure fuck. This is nothing more than another "biogrqphy" that exists just to tear down and shit on a great man.

how is he gay in this?

How do you retards fall for this shit every single time?
Every single music biopic is the exact same movie, you only like it because you/your parents grew up loving the music.

He was a great man but he also literally ate himself to fucking death, was extremely addicted to every drug out there, etc. Maybe in your head the marketing of elvis has also given you this macho chad image but in reality he was pretty fucked up and sad. But the movie shows you that he was basically forced into this hotel by himself

Didnt he have some sort of virgin complex? Does the movie bring this up?

Again, im giving my hats of too the actor and the movie itself is overall Meta, whatd you expect, montagey etc. Some fun renactments like the comeback special that youll enjoy if youre a fan, and the ending scene of the last performance he gave. But no im a big fan of elvis's music

>describes literally every single music biopic ever made

That is literally what I fucking said? Im agreeing with you

For one he couldn't stop wearing pink, men wear gawking at him and he doesn't fuck perscilla (or other women) enough. Elvis is supposed to be a MAN like ME

Yes, Elvis died a bloated addict, but he was all about the excess and he projected pure confidence. That doesn't come across in the movie, there is no glamor, there is no excitement, it's just this complete reframing of Elvis as some sad fuck. They show you only the dirt and not the glory because it's all Baz and Priscilla shooting it through their retarded viewpoints. Priscilla Presley is a vile woman milking Elvis's corpse for relevance and the movie, which heavily relied on her framing, reflects that. Only a retard would give this movie any weight.
I'm tired of these shitty bipics that are just nothing but 2 hours of "hey remember that guy? He was actually just in pain his whole life." That shit is played out. I know about the pain, how about showing the other stuff? The actual fun stuff, the high points?

I disagree

After you explained your view, fair enough. I can agree with what you are trying to say. Still enjoyable though. And actor killed it. That is my take. Id say the first 1/3 did show some of this though with how much people were lusting after him, especially girls but yeah it was nothing special

shall not pass!

The only footage of the real Elvis in the movie is when he's old and Brando fat and pathetic. Like a month before he died. The movie doesn't show Elvis in his prime. Just for that, it's trash and the director has failed.

I disagree, that performance is fucking iconic and holds much more weight considering he is how you described but still belted out that amazing performance/cover. I watch it all the time