Been applying to jobs in the UK/Ireland. I am a tax accountant with one year of experience. In reality...

Been applying to jobs in the UK/Ireland. I am a tax accountant with one year of experience. In reality, most of these jobs are in Dublin and London.

Here are some things I've noticed:
UK requires you to fill out tons of forms when applying
UK jobs pay very little (20-35k GBP)
UK jobs require you to almost always be a certified accountant and STILL pay that little
UK jobs seem to much more often require you to be a citizen
Irish jobs are much easier to apply to, just attach your CV
Irish jobs pay more (50k euros ish)
Ireland is much more willing (seemingly) to have international jobs that correlate to my US experience or are just more willing to give out visas

Not sure why this is. Dublin seems to be a major financial hub connected to the US - but then so does London. London pay is SHIT and is extremely competitive. I think I have a shot getting into Ireland, but the UK seems impossible. Anyone have any knowledge on this? How hard is it to get into your country as a financial worker?

Attached: 1641249094937.png (407x600, 56.88K)

Isn't the UK economy getting smushed by Brexit? If it were me, I would have chosen Dublin in a heartbeat but that's just me.

>UK jobs pay very little (20-35k GBP)
This baffles the American, and causes him to cry out in denial. He cannot comprehend the fact that Europeans suffer, and Americans DO NOT.

Attached: Screenshot_20220827-213243_Chrome.jpg (1977x630, 263.34K)

>Irish jobs pay more (50k euros ish)
To add on. This is because Dublin is a more expensive city than London. There is a three digit number of places to rent in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. Dublin's housing crisis makes London look cheap

Uk wages haven't risen for 20 years

I’m not sure what you’re asking.

I lived in London, fucking hate the place, but the financial market there is world class. You won’t find anywhere that touches it outside of NYC. Plus, it’s incredibly fucking competitive. If you graduate from a top university in the UK (bearing in mind we have nearly all of the top universities in Europe) you’ll almost certainly be going for a job in London. It’s perhaps the most centralised job market in the world and nowhere else in the UK is even remotely as appealing in terms of salary, offerings, so on and so fourth.

Ireland is still a somewhat burgeoning market with a much much smaller talent pool. Remember, London itself is bigger than all of Ireland and then some.

One thing I know about Dublin though, is that the economy has grown so rapidly in the last few years without the infrastructure to sustain it. From what I’ve heard from family and friends there, the housing market in Dublin is magnitudes worse than that of London, and that’s saying something. Trying to find somewhere relatively affordable, decent and within reach is basically an impossibility these days.

The London English do be thinking this

Why would you expect a tax accountant to earn a lot?

Not him, but what's wrong with that post?

Everything.
Firstly is Saxon circling.
Then it makes a god of London while its a bad city for all but the BarYehudi

>Europeans
*Britons suffer. Continentals don't have it as hard as we do

Yeah the UK is fucked right now
SUPER fucked, and i know that it is
heatwave, low wages, utilities going up
its fucked

i just like it and want to do something fun with my life
i would 100% be poorer in the uk
i make nealry 60k right now their salaries are like 30k for the same shit

Ive heard dublin housing is really high from a guy i know there.

but i disagree the graduate jobs in london pay shit even in acc/finance
the tech jobs seem okay (50kish)

Not saying the UK isn't fucked, but all those are true about all of Europe
Heatwave in particular - the UK is one of the coldest countries in the continent, including this summer

Marry me sir

You can do 2 years of SOVL in uk
I can get my GC and never suffer ever again

fuck it i will dude
are you a chick? even better
honestly id do a gay marriage as long as we dont divorce and get mutual citizenship
i dont give a fuck

>Isn't the UK economy getting smushed by Brexit
No, we're just such a shithole that people assume we are when really its just incompetent leadership

It’s oversaturated
we have too many accountants
t. bloke who’s gf is an accountant

Covid lockdowns have raped our economy desu

We were fine until we shut the country down for two years and the government paid everybody’s wages by printing money

Why would you possibly want to leave the USA for the fucking UK? This country is easily the worst of the 'rich' countries

>One year of experience
>In a field with almost no barrier to entry besides a college degree
No foreign firm is going to hire you to be a fucking accountant unless you have specialized in some niche for 10+ years. There's no reason to waste money on a foreigner when there are 1,000s of equally qualified people who have lived in the country their entire lives.

I don’t live in London, I don’t even want to step foot back in that city. Once you spend time around the financial areas, see the big investment banks, walk through their lobbies etc, you realise that there’s nothing else in the UK like it. The amount of money floating around some of those streets probably out values many cities in the UK over several times.

I never said the starting pay is incredible, but as a finance guy you obviously should be able to recognise market dynamics. Super saturated market, high population = lower wages. It has to be said too, there are a million more companies operating out of London than Dublin.

Dublin has a MUCH smaller talent pool locally, is a much smaller place and almost entirely relies on immigrants, in a city where even finding somewhere reasonable to live is nearing impossible.

I personally don’t recommend moving to either.