Ancient Greek colonies of eastern europe. what happens here?

Ancient Greek colonies of eastern europe. what happens here?

Attached: 440px-Greek_colonies_of_the_Northern_Euxine_Sea_(Black_Sea).svg.png (440x279, 155.55K)

The ones in Ukraine weren't colonies. But the Russian Empire claiming to be the third rome, and naming new citied in greek to further their agenda

Bro Greeks lived there before the slavs came

Basically large trading posts for the abundant crop of the region to feed Athens. Crimea, happened to be in the most fertile region of Europe unlike Greece which was known for its horrendous land for crop farming. The Athenians tied up economic interests and settled colonies in the region to exploit the massive agricultural output of the region. They didn't really have anywhere else to go either for these crops. Sicily was the battleground of Syracuse and Carthage, which Athens couldn't defeat as they were outdone in every way so they weren't going to find anything there. Going East you had Egypt and the Levant, under the control of two (or one) powerful Empire(s) which they also, had no chance of taking on.

Greeks could have genocided all these brown races, but they are noble people, so they let them alive.

Oh ancient... I thought he meant cities like nikopol

you cant read lmao i said what happens here not what happenED here

>Greeks could have genocided all these brown races
Sure, that's why the Athenian expedition got smashed in Sicily and why the openly hostile Libyan cost colonies were unable to actively wage war against the Saite dynasty.

>Athenian expedition
Athenians fought against Spartans and you make it look like as if they lost to the inferior natives

>before the slavs came
From constellation Zeta?

no but what from what are now radioactive swamps

Attached: 1635432128189.png (498x407, 321.51K)

Outdated crap

Surprised the Slavs weren't somewhat hellenified
Over here you can totally see Greek influence in the art and the religion of proto-italic people

The locals were Scythian back then, the Slavs hadn't moved in yet. They did become somewhat hellenized.

>Athenians fought against Spartans
Actually, they were fighting Syracuse. The Spartans only sent a small army to help fight, which was nowhere near the size of the army of Syracuse.
>you make it look like as if they lost to the inferior natives
Maybe you should read my first post
It was largely inhabited by semi nomadic people. Material artefacts were traded in the region and we know some have Greek motifs but they were largely 'imported' and not made by them. It's like in Gaul where they adopted Greek style coinages for a short while and abandoned it for their own styles soon after. Traces of interaction with no lasting impact.

source dude trust me

These Greek colonies were backwards as fuck and left no heritage. in russian and Ukrainian coast there are only few stones left, no more.

Why is it that Genoa ended up there too, centuries later?

>and left no heritage
barbarians destroyed their heritage

>source dude trust me
Books 6-7 of Thucydides history

Bulgaria and Turkey have a lot of cozy ruins despite being inhabited by barbarians for a 2000 years