You know, when it comes to cuisine, there is always the selfsame group of countries which come to mind...

You know, when it comes to cuisine, there is always the selfsame group of countries which come to mind, Italy with its pizza, Japan with its sushi, India with its curry, but then, then there is France. They're always mentioned, but I could not for the life of me tell you a single French dish. Of course there's the snails and the frogs, but surely there has to be some actual food, I thought. So I looked it up.
>beef bourguignon (FR) = scouse (UK)
literal peasant food, a beef stew with some vegetables, both are the same
>hachis parmentier (FR) = shepherd's pie (UK)
they are undeniably the same thing, it's minced meat with baked potatoes
>pot-au-feu (FR) = lancashire hotpot (UK)
yet another peasant meal, it's a stew made of leftovers, typically meat, carrots and potatoes
>andouillette (FR) ≈ haggis (UK)
>cassoulet (FR) ≈ bangers and mash (UK)
>quiche lorraine (FR) ≈ steak pie (UK)
The more I look into it, the more I realise French cuisine is British cuisine with misleading and arrogant names. What gives? Our cuisine is just as good. Turns out bollocking your way into top culinary lists really does work. It does comfort me to know French cuisine, which is admired worldwide, is the same as British cuisine, because this means people admire British cuisine worldwide just as much, but are too proud to show it. I say we are better than the French, because we at least get to the point and don't bollock you.

Attached: 1526766936308.jpg (600x600, 25.14K)

Wow the amount of cope in this one single post is breathtaking
My personal favorite :
>British cuisine worldwide just as much, but are too proud to show it

That's because majority of French cuisine are mostly peasant dishes and stews and that's a good thing.

Things like cassoulet are superior to whatever snail/frog bullshit foreigners think about when speaking about French cuisine.

>cassoulet (FR) ≈ bangers and mash (UK)

Nah nah, that's a distinctly Med and ribs/sausage stew, varieties of which exist in Spain, Greece, Serbia and Turkey.

*Med bean and ribs/sausage stew

based and true, but hey don't tell anybody xoxo
you know everything he just said is real, you're the one coping if anything

Are you a fucking retard or just pretending? Have you ever wondered about the origins of the words "chef" and "restaurant"?
They literally invented most shit, it was unironically because of Versailles. If anything the legacy of French Monarchy lives on French cuisine.

You left out all the thousands cheese, charcuterie, various meat products, poultry, rabbit, venison etc etc

Chill maninho

this greasy wop is really saying french invented eating chicken, rabbit, and deer lmfao

I am saying they all have dozens of recipes for each but I do not know the name, FESSO

Attached: 1661806252688720.webm (640x640, 872.25K)

agreed mate, bloody good analysis

France is snails or frog legs uncultured anglo

And? Everyone has those. Nothing special about them. Or are you going to tell me the same cuts of meat are actually different because one is ~French~? Did you know we all have our own camembert and brie? They're probably the second most common kind of cheese, right after cottage cheese. Only difference is in the name.

Tartiflette > all

Listen, I know you’re mentally ill and need to post this bullshit periodically, but you should seek help instead.
For other anons, OP is equivocating hard.
>boeuf bourguignon
>beef stew with some vegetables
Even the first recipe specifically calls for:
• a large piece of beef braised with a whole bottle of red wine (specifically Burgundy, due to the bright floral sweet character)
• salt pork (not bacon)
• sauce Español (mother sauce; reduced brown stock with tomato paste)
The finished beef is garnished with braised pearl onion and sautéed white button mushrooms.

Lancashire hotpot looks like gratin dauphinois
Admit you dont have equivalent of pot au feu

>guys, listen
>boeuf bourguignon is not a beef stew with some vegetables
>it's actually a beef stew
>but with some veggies
Astronomical levels of cope, state of you lah

>no reply
As expected, I bet he sharted himself and now he is busy changing his jupiter sized underwear

Yes, we did. Wat nou?

>look it up
>it's actually true
Wtf France?