Britbros

thameswater.co.uk/about-us/performance/leakage-performance
>Every day we supply 2.6 billion litres of water, but not all of that gets to our customers. At the moment, we leak almost 24% of the water we supply. We know it’s not acceptable to be losing so much precious water and we’ve got a plan to fix it. It’s not going to be quick, but we’re making progress.

Imagine a company saying ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE that they are shit at doing, you know, THEIR JOB

Attached: _102815038_chart-leaks2-j61e4-nc.png (624x403, 34.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

water.ie/projects/national-projects/leakage-reduction-programme/
zeit.de/gesellschaft/2022-08/duerre-grossbritannien-trockenheit-wasser-klimawandel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesn't surprise me desu
Ireland though...

water.ie/projects/national-projects/leakage-reduction-programme/
>Every day we currently lose about 38% of our treated water through leaks before it even reaches our taps. Leaks can be difficult to find because they happen in the vast and complex network of pipes below ground. Many of these pipes are now old and damaged and need to be repaired or replaced to improve our water quality and supply. Despite the challenges, we are making progress. In 2018 the rate of leakage nationally was 46%, by the end of 2020 it was 40%. By the end of 2021 we have further reduced leakage to 38%. We are on track to achieve a national leakage rate of 25% by the end of 2030.

Holy fucking shit

>more than one-third of carefully treated water (which alone cost money and labor resources) just leaks out
Ireland explain

Grim
Grimmer

Grimace

changing the pipes once every 70 years too spicy for them

The thing is, with proper maintainance/monitoring they probably could prevent many of these leaks
For example, over here we don't even add chlorine to the water for disinfection since we monitor water quality so closely

>All the UK pipes break because they can't handle the BBC (British BLACKEDcasting Corporation)
UGH...

VGH....

why are you ragging on us when we're not even close to being the worst in that chart

It made the news in Germany and I read it
zeit.de/gesellschaft/2022-08/duerre-grossbritannien-trockenheit-wasser-klimawandel

I gues Ireland could be considered British given that it's part of the British Isles

>Aruba
Rare

What the hell brits

>over 45%
holy based, it rains so much and there's so few people here that there are never any shortages or supply issues so i don't care if we waste water

Seems like all the good polish plumber went to Germany...

The thing is, the water supply companies essentially pay for their own leakages
Since you as the customer only pay the amount of water that arrives in your home and is being tracked by your water meter
So if 45% is lost, all of that is only burdened by the supplier, and essentially they have to pump even more water in to make up for the losses via leakages

Btw if you are interested in how it was about 20 years ago

Attached: image_large.png (350x249, 24.53K)

>only burdened by the supplier
clean it up civil service wagie

I will call the Polish plumber from Mario&Luigi Inc. right away, sir