Do floridians just expect insurance company to bleed money when another hurricane...

Do floridians just expect insurance company to bleed money when another hurricane, flooding or alligator invasion happens?

Attached: 56C640AC-B220-4A81-AE55-8CB0ADB01725.jpg (750x819, 72.82K)

isnt that the entire point of insurance?

People seem to think too much of insurances. They're here because they want to turn a profit, not because they want you to turn a profit.

The point is to spread out losses. Insurance companies need to make money on aggreggate

Bump

wtf are you talking about? You can easily take an alligator 1on1 they aren't Grizzly bears.

The invisible hand of the market will fix it.

It's Florida dude, they can't even have basements there because it would flood instantly

Florida homeowner here, things are getting kind of fugged. The insurance companies keep disappearing and the ones that are left have raised their prices to ridiculously expensive numbers.
You can't really go out without home insurance because it's only a matter of time before the next hurricane/tropical storm/tornado/flooding/lightning/alligator attack/sinkhole/wildfire/ damages your home. Things are getting complicated in this country.

Attached: 1475946583279.jpg (600x500, 35.9K)

Don't forget as ocean levels rise you're completely fucked.

Have the real estate prices gone down at all?

That's what you get for living in a place that has a literal season for hurricanes and tornados. It's a yearly event, you're asking to get fucked by living there. Move to Montana, retard

LMAO no everything is completely inflated and comically overpriced. I bought a little old house before covid and now it's "worth" several times what I paid for, which means my property taxes went up too. It's all a big scam.

Everyone here just pretends it won't happen again :DDD

Florida is starting to get homeless camps that rival LA's but nobody here ever talks about it because muh desantis will heckin save america.

When did insurance rates start going up? Maybe its just a lag in the system and real estate prices will follow soon. I saw some ridiculous home insurance fees on reddit

Earlier this year. It's stressful.

We just ignore those too

Attached: 1629317927726.gif (498x368, 1.37M)

How many (major) insurers are left?

>pop the housing bubble by making it impossible to insure it
absolutely devilish kek jews really are smart

>live in trailer park in hurricane area
>get multiple hurricanes every year
>hurricane hits your trailer and floods it out
>???
>wtf i can't afford to live
But don't worry--the tornado belt is similarly retarded and also all live in trailers.

stop living in trailers and build with cement and cinderblock

they should just insure people who live at least 30 miles from the coast

reminder if you're from california you will either burn to death or die of dehydration

only the PNW, Midwest and NE are geographically and climatically secure (inb4 yellowstone memers, everyone is dead then basically)