VGH... THE FEDERATION OF MAGNA GRAECIA

VGH... THE FEDERATION OF MAGNA GRAECIA...

Attached: IMG_20220829_145048.jpg (1017x558, 85.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappadocian_Greeks#Historical_background
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Greeks
>South Italians
>Cypriots
Add Israel too and we'll be the greatest mafia state in history

but the greek colonies never penetrated mainland italy's interior and didn't counter Oscan or Messapic lands

Source dude trust me

sir include our little albanimal brothers and also western türkiye, thanks sir

What about MVSVLLIV?!!

too small

Attached: dajry5u-44aac9cf-2b69-4363-8b4a-d4fe0f8030b2.png (1293x975, 104.81K)

Greece ends at Kızılırmak

There isn’t a single source, map or even archeological evidence that suggests that there were Greek colonies in the Italian interior outside of Sicily. It can be evidenced enough by Livys account of the Italian wars

Can we move the kurds and arabs east though?

Give them a shave a bath and send them to the church you won't be able to tell the difference

Source dude trust me

Already provided the source you dumb nigger

your source is like
>there is no life on other planets because I (!) never saw an alien

He is correct
Greeks didn't play empire, we didn't send mass settlers to migrate for living space, we wanted ports and trade routes
Everywhere Greeks went they stayed on the coast and bribed/allied some native barbarians as bodyguards against other barbarians, Greeks didn't expand on the mainland to assimilate natives
Same pattern in Iberia, France, Italy etc.
Sicily and Bosporus was an exception

Turkish iq argument. You make a shitty unprovable analogy to the situation. If there is no evidence of something, then you can say it didn’t happen because there is nothing else to be said
Go get a job spinning kebabs ikibey

>Greeks didn't expand on the mainland to assimilate natives

Attached: 1660080830027.png (509x600, 405.66K)

>MAGNA GRAECIA
why use a latin name for it?
shouldn't it be HELLAS MEGAS or something?

your opinion is not worth much because you are anti-Greek and have limited knowledge

i would only trust the opinion of a group of pro-Greek historians

Megale Hellas (Μεγάλη Ελλάς)
He was an exception, essentially inherited the Persian administration wholesale, which was foreign to Greek culture (we did not bow to kings)
Also he failed an died, so did the hellenistic project with him

The Macedonians didn’t even share a political culture with the rest of Greece and neither did the colonies set up by the successors assimilate any natives. There were small amounts of colonies by the shore in regions like Egypt and a few in northern Syria but never in the interior and very few internal ones with the Seleucid’s. Anatolia remained essentially untouched until the Romans and widespread colonisation of the region first by Romans and later by Greeks after the Asian Vespers

>no argument
I accept your admission of defeat

the interior of Syria and Egypt are deserts where only shitskins can survive.

>Anatolia remained essentially untouched until the Romans
source?

you are racist against me and hate my people and expect me to believe your posts?

you stupid subhuman

Correct, Macedonia retained an aristocratic monarchy which was considered barbaric by southern Greeks which had developed democracy/oligarchy
There was assimilation in Egypt and Mesopotamia however, which remained strong even centuries after the diadochi states collapsed
Also Anatolian states like Pontus under Mithridates were heavily Hellenized, not the central Anatolian highlands though
And then you have the Galatian Celts as well

Peoples like the Carians, Lydians, Phrygians etc. didn't assimilate into Greek culture until the Roman era, they had their own culture and religion
Greeks stayed on the coast because the Anatolian heartland is a hilly highland maze where barbarians were hiding behind every corner
It was such a mess some barbarian cultures like Isaurians weren't assimilate at all until Rome collapsed, the terrain was that bad

>Thrace and Malta not red

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cappadocian_Greeks#Historical_background

Greeks came to Cappadocia before the Roman times

Malta was a Phoenician colony and later Arab, why would it be Greek?