Have you thanked Ireland today?

did you know that after the fall of the western roman empire and even up until the late middle ages, irish monasteries were centers of knowledge and art? irish monks and theologians managed to preserve latin and greek when it had fallen out of use in most of the west, the isolation of such monasteries allowed the flourishment of a culture of metalworking, stone carving and manuscript ilumination, which produced fine pieces such as the book of Kells and the Ardagh hoard. And to top it all off they were also responsible for establishing various other monasteries and learning centers throughout europe, thus rasing various scholars who greatly influenced and helped in the shaping of the cultural identity of the west after rome. Isn't Ireland amazing?

Attached: KellsFol292rIncipJohn.jpg (760x1012, 238.73K)

the """west""" and everything related to it was an error

That wasn't Ireland, that was the kingdoms of Connacht, Munster, Leinster, Ulaid etc etc.

i'm using it more as a geographical term rather than a political one thoughowever, as in "the western half of europe" rather than "the western world"

looks like shit, I could make a better one

yes i know, for both meanings is an error

I SUFFER SO MUCH BECAUSE OF THIS INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION BULLSHIT FUCK YOU YOU LEPRECHAUNS

i've seen pictures of Kazakh women before, you definitely don't suffer

>WE WUZ SCHOLARS N SHIET
>*makes no achievements other than not being invaded*
Ho. Lee. Kino.

Yep. Its like an Englishman claiming Bede was English. The real English today wiped out Bede and all his culture.

>thread about Éire
>britoids seething
every time

Attached: 1661254694278799.png (667x624, 243.35K)

Real Boston Irishman here.
How are the Brits ALREADY seething itt?

is ireland the poland of britain?

Yuh so was Ostrogothic Italy and Merovingian and Carolingian Frankia.

We have lots of polish yeah

>Ostrogothic Italy and Merovingian and Carolingian Frankia
all thanks to irish scholars and theologians

>all thanks to irish scholars and theologians
The Ostrogoths relied on the Roman Senate for the majority of their output and we actually know nearly all the Frankish authors, who were all Franks. Only under Charlemagne do we get out first notable foreigners, who were actually English and Italian.

>eire
You aren't a Gaelic man

>ag fiuchadh
is fear Éirinneach mé agus is amadáin Sassanach thú

Well done, you can say X is Y.

Is this like an Irish cope thread?
The Brits should still be in charge there ffs

They should still be in charge in Germany too, difference is we actually managed to beat them unlike you