Did you have relatives that fought in WW2?

Did you have relatives that fought in WW2?

My great uncle was captured in Singapore and spent the rest of the war as a POW

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 208.26K)

Great-Grandfather was an engineer aboard bombers that flew out of Australia, New Guinea, and Okinawa.

I have his bomber group's war book, a lot of morally questionable race related stuff in there.

yes, grandpa served in the Dirlewanger brigade

WW2 is so kino if you think about it
5 underdogs saved the entire world from bloody murder and destruction at the hands of the mutt complex chuds
VGH, you could make a movie about that

My great grandfather was in the royal navy and fought in the battle of the atlantic where he died after his ship went down. My great uncle was also in the navy but he survived

Allegedly, my great-grandpa was a Spanish refugee who fought with the commie resistance. He was forced to hand over his guns at the end of the war.

my grandfather worked in a state owned brewery so he didn't have to go to the front since beer was essential
both my grandmas cousins died in stalingrad
t. germ

What ship did your great grandfather serve aboard?

Grampa shot a lot of russians in the few months he was on the front. He was pretty young.

n-no

no

2 great granddads were drafted into the wehrmacht. 1 ended up dying on the eastern front, the other ended up as russian pow for 5 years

Great grandfather fought in north Africa, Sicily and then southern Italy. Was away from home for about five years. When he came back, he found that his house had been flattened by a V1, and his wife and child were now living somewhere else. He was in the same regiment his father was in; the King's Royal Rifles Corps. He refused any promotion because his father had been made a Lance Corporal in WW1, and died shortly after in 1917 at Passchendaele. Shot going over the top apparently. His brother went back and married his widow, and my great grandfather hated him, because his uncle treated him like shit. He was three years old when his father was killed at Passchendaele.

HMS Harvester

Both of my great grandfathers died in the battle of the Somme the day after one another

Holy fuck people actually have Nazis in their family tree? What is that like?
My digger great-uncle died putting bullets in blonde German teen' guts. What a hero.

God bless him

to our great shame yes

one grandpa fought them pretty hard here, eventually got captured but released after a month. germans still thought they could win us over by being nice then. the other grandpa wasnt at age in 1940 but joined after the war and got stationed in germany as part of the british occupation force there.
great grandpa with his brothers did supply runs for my fighting grandpa (they didnt know each other then, grandpa married his daughter a few years later) since he had a farm with supplies and knew the routes and terrain. was later given the option to be shot right there at his doorstep or sign in as a member of the nazi party. he choose the latter and it cost him hard but he lived, well that was his story its still uncertain if he maybe turned nazi during the war and did it freely?

All my great grandpas fought in a war. One of them was a tankist and the other an officer

He almost never talked about it, tbqh. It seems the war fucked up the men, as late 40's and 50's sound almost comically biolent from today's perspective. People brawled in weddings, sometimes my granparents couldn't even get to the venue as they had to help some knoifing victim from the ditch etc.

my grandfather was drafted when he was 19 (1942) and went to ukraine, crimea, krasnodar, then north of there somewhere. Was later sent home due to frost injuries and then after recovering was in italy (american POW there at the end).
other grandfather was a firefighter and therefore didnt get drafted.
my flatmate told me his great grandfather was an officer at a KZ and was later executed for it in 1946 or something kek, dude even has a short wikipedia page

Yes

his war pension allowed him to buy 2 houses

>other grandfather was a firefighter
that must have been horrible later in the war, if he was in a big city.

my great grandmother was the head of the Hitler youth in their town and even met hitler at some event but wasn't a profound nazi she just liked the boy/girl scout and my grandmothers cousins were both in the Wehrmacht and I doubt they were in it ideologically
I've most definitely had some Nazis in my family but it's not like anyone in my family ever put it in display

>tf
>tp

Attached: 1660040609109611.jpg (750x755, 137.1K)

my great-granpa who was in the IJA stayed in China
I don't know what he was doing thereā€¦
after the war he was interned in Siberia

sounds like avengers

Germans once tried to steal my family's horses but my grandfather stopped them.