Does Any Forums play any historical/strategy games? What countries do you guys usually play as?

Does Any Forums play any historical/strategy games? What countries do you guys usually play as?

Unapologetic Germany-boo here. I can't wait to see how paradox is gonna fuck up Vicky 3.

Attached: europauniversalisiv_pdxcon_screenshot_10 (1).png (1200x675, 403.06K)

i dont like shallow map painting dlc simulator games. i only play cold war rts game multiplayer.

I used to play Eu2 always as Spain to conquer whole world. Spain has the best starting point for that, who cares about small Yurop when I can have whole Africa and America to myself.

Yes Im an EU4 'tist
Currently playing an AU mod with tengri hungary where you can get +90% CA

cant wait to see how mods will save vicky 3. wjo the fuck cares about vanilla pdx

i can't play vanilla EU4 anymore it's absolutely fucked. the last good patch was 1.25 before they fucked colonial nations. Adding monuments was the final nail in the coffin. that being said MEIOU is still THE GOAT. although lately I've been mostly playing Vic 2 with GFM

WARNO?

austria is not germany you incel

red dragon

Austria is germany you incel

I played CK3 when it was released. But as all paradox games the base game is in dire need of content and additionnal mechanics to make it playable on long term (as grand strategy games are supposed to be played).
Unfortunately, the 1st DLC didn't bring much, and ironically it's the flavour pack about the Iberian struggle that brought the most promising gameplay mechanic to use in the future (there are so many contexts where it can be used).

Attached: 2020_12_13_1.png (1920x1080, 3.47M)

>gfm
ah, victorian era re-enactment in real time. did you reach 1837 yet?

Update your fucking game jesus

>the year is 2380
>the humans have declared the First Galactic Empire and now considers the entire galaxy as part of their sovereign territory
>As a result of the Coalition wars of the 50's, the humans now control a huge swathe of outer rim territory, and there are dozens of recently conquered within human space
>due to the massive unemployment on these newly conquered planets, these jobless alien slaves immediately move to earth for work
>at the same time, Earth is rife with jobs having recently turned the entire surface of the earth into one big city; an Ecumenopolis
>there are no more mountains, no more oceans, no more fields; every single square inch of the earth is now huge skyscrapers that go several miles into the sky
>As a result, humans now consist of less than 10% of the total 162 billion Earth population; the remaining humans gather in walled cities surrounded by armed guards
>while 147 billion xeno slaves keep everything up and running ensure humans live in the absolute peak of luxury
>earth is so crowded and big that 8 entire pops, or almost 5% of the entire planet, or 8 BILLION people are employed as elite Palace guards; a special unit that protects the massive Imperial Palace that takes up much of what is now Earth

God damn it the same shit that happened to Ancient Rome is happening to me now. This is fucking bullshit.

Attached: file.png (2000x1125, 2.73M)

yes sir i am playing FRANCE and my goal is to put Napoleon III (pbuh) back on the throne and genocide g*rmoids

I like shogun 2 and maybe attila

Can't believe total war is fucking dead

Attached: 1661400907368649.jpg (713x702, 305.1K)

you turned earth into an ecumenopolis instead of keeping it as a nature reserve for future human generations to admire their homeland?!?!?!! absolutely disgusting you should be ashamed of yourself, cyborg ted kaczynski should send you a neutron bomb in a mail

>ck2 + hip + other mods
>pick 1336
>Philippe Dampierre count of Namur
>proceed to destroy HRE from inside
>while helping Valois France against bongland and Anjou Hungary against mongolfuckingshits
otherwise I rather play Napoleon Total War with LME mod, or Mount & Blade Warband with mods.

Attached: 1661694608580081.jpg (1280x1084, 296.15K)

ck2 has the best mods. love me some after the end

Attached: images (38) (1).jpg (660x465, 58.35K)

>after the end
never played it

Attached: 1661502484911361.jpg (600x915, 48.91K)

victoria ii is a game made by continental spergs who could never understand the sovl of the period

you should. incredible lore

Attached: c10bmosa2ai31.jpg (1920x1080, 605.06K)

>Does Any Forums play any historical/strategy games?
yeah
>What countries do you guys usually play as?
I actually like playing Poland and Spain the most. Both have good locations with neighbours both stronger and weaker, they tend to have some interesting mechanics, in EU for example Castille starts with a few vassals and is able to form Spain, Poland gets into personal union, can form the Commonwealth and has a unique government type. Both tend to have good cavlary, and both are catholic as well. I just enjoy playing them.

>red dragon
i used to play that in 2014 with a teamspeak (i think) group
there was this one permanently drunk irish dude who at the start of every 10v10 battle would randomly spam units with no thought or strategy and charge all of them directly into the enemy line, get obliterated within the first 2 minutes of the game and have to wait 5 or 10 minutes or whatever to replenish his units

he was like that in every single match, he was 100% serious and 100% drunk all the time

Attached: 1621712832635.gif (320x243, 1.72M)

CK2 Agot mod, don't care about the rest nowadays

I looked it up and it seems there are two versions.
After the End and Fan Fork, which one should I pick?

Attached: 12.jpg (422x750, 97.09K)

And then the princess gets xeno'd by a smelly Desstican.

kek. theres still players like him but they do that as part of their strategy with cheap north korean and chinese units. their goal is replenishing enemy units until theres time for massive helicopter rush.

fan fork

threadly reminder that Imperator is now unironically the best paradox game and I will never forgive them for dropping it

Attached: images (38) (3).jpg (739x415, 50.4K)

I just checked /vst/ and they're saying bad stuff about it :/
I don't know how to play this. Tutorial is completely useless.

Attached: 1661437295459181.png (747x686, 43.54K)

It's been sitting in my library for years unplayed, but recently I've given it a try and it indeed is fun, still learning the basics as Sparta but I'm getting the gist of it. I think they've changed a lot of things compared to release version

I think thats about the ck3 version THO
>imperator
idk, maybe watch on yt. Its not that hard

Attached: 1659249238364052.gif (200x200, 179.98K)