Attached: vs.jpg (1852x978, 189.89K)

Stay mad!

Attached: lil.jpg (848x480, 71.99K)

Filtered retard.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnihGeRjG3U

based and redpilled

she's soooo crazy we can't take her anywhere

It goes down hill after he dies

a masterpiece that synthesizes gnosticism/occultism with psychology and the porcupine dilemma that every otaku struggles with

Tasteless NPC newfag pseuds

Anno admitted he only included the Christian stuff cos he thought it looked cool.

yeah, like the names of the angels and the crosses, etc. but the plot of the show is about pseudo-gnostics trying to escape the world and unify everyone into the soup

Make your own thread next time npc copyier idea man sir

Anime ruined Japanese cinema.

>getting filtered by anno
Lmao

You posted a thread which means you think its important but its not important so that means ur pretentious

>block your path

I like anime, but this is true. I wonder what Kurosawa, Ozu and the old masters would think about Japanese films now being dominated by animie.

Attached: 1653302830217.jpg (912x1024, 127.05K)

NGE isn't pretentious at all. It might be bad, but it's completely self-aware about what it is and what it's trying to communicate to the audience (by which I mean teenage boys that like robots, not 40-year-old men reacting to a 30-year-old cartoon). It's not deep and doesn't pretend to be. That would be the fags that hype it up conflating spectacle with symbolism. It sets up some tropes for subversion (the Rei grope for example), but not many. The adults are interesting, and the kids are the audience insert (teen demographic, remember - super specials saving the world).
It's a fun show, revolutionary for the time. Inspirational to hundreds of animators.
This is an issue, why?
They would respect what it was attempting to do, but dismiss the medium entirely.

based