Is there a worse genre than Western? I know boomers live for it but then again, they also live to grill, get drunk, fat...

Is there a worse genre than Western? I know boomers live for it but then again, they also live to grill, get drunk, fat, watch baseball and see their kids turn into something they disapprove of but don't have the balls to do anything about.

Attached: Clint-Eastwood.jpg (1955x1080, 602.66K)

horror is without a doubt the worst genre

You're either a shitskin or a yankee. You literally cannot get it.

Horror is the entry-level pleb genre. Lots of good horror movies, but this still holds true. Westerns are based but if you only watch westerns you're probably a boomer like you described.

Westerns are the greatest genre, and by that I mean American Westerns made during the period of 1929-1979.

Attached: fort_apache.jpg (483x720, 186.43K)

>same love story over and over again but less indians and more generic bandits as the time passes
holy KINO

ywnbaw

>same love story over and over
think again

Attached: no_name.jpg (560x840, 199.76K)

>horseriding
>vast untouched landscapes
>living off the land
>shootouts with bandits
>train robberies
>bloodthirsty but mysterious injuns
>crazy preachers
Yeah there is, all the others

I never understood the lasting popularity of westerns which carried over from Movies to early TV. I think one explanation is that the western was a completely fake fantasy world invented by Hollywood that had no connection to real events. They could do stories about topics like corrupt officials, prostitutes and murders without getting into trouble with censors. Once it became more acceptable to have bloody violence set in the present westerns disappeared.

It's the same archtype of the "free rebell who does whatever he/she wants, breaking off from society"

If you want some leftie version of this, just watch how the left idealise 70's/80's punks, black panthers, flower power, the radical vegan commie who lives off the grid in a commune and firebombs animal testing facilities and so on.

It's all the same shit. It's all a powerfantasy of "sticking it to the man".

Because Hollywood was so prolific with westerns, there's enough variety within the genre that I can't trust anyone who says "I don't like westerns." There's going to be some westerns you like.

Also the fact that every real American actor has acted in at least a dozen westerns, you're going to see and probably enjoy a few westerns if you follow anyone's career.

All I watch are westerns and horror movies

I could live on 3-4 movies for the rest of my life and they're all westerns
Sometimes men don't need more

>Is there a worse genre than Western?
Female hands typed this post

I mean, I love both of those genres a lot, I'm just saying there are a lot of other ones worth exploring as well and I find a lot of wannabe tough Boomers watch westerns a lot, not to take anything away from the films themselves because some of them are masterpieces like The Searchers or The Good, the Bad and the ugly.

I just love my country and love the frontier

That sounds pretty kino. I love westerns too desu. I don't wanna give off the wrong impression.

You've convinced me that zoomers are worse than boomers.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

-Marion "John 'Duke' Wayne" Morrison