I like to joke about the USA but deep inside I'd give everything I have to be born there

I like to joke about the USA but deep inside I'd give everything I have to be born there
Even working a dead end job earning $40k/year you could move to a 3rd world country at 28 and live like a rich king
They can move anywhere they want and teach english for a living, while we have to train and study our entire lives just to be laughed at for using the wrong verb or having a silly accent
Their passport is so strong they can go anywhere they want, while us brazilians have to go through a 2-3 hour long interview everytime we want to visit a 1st world country (and pay for a traveling visa)

man

I wish I was american

Attached: 1631838352203.jpg (830x548, 42.69K)

$40,000 a year, minus $20,000 for rent, $4,000 on groceries, and $5,000 on gasoline.

I like to meme about wanting to live in USA, but I'd never actually go there. Political climate is shit, social justice trash everywhere, work culture is horrible, crime is high, thug nignogs, everyone is out to squeeze money out of you, nothing is sacred, enormous country with very little cultural variety, etc.

The wealthy suburbs look cool and spacious, lots of untouched nature, the salaries look good on paper, the flag is nice, but that's about it.

Attached: ssss2.jpg (1876x924, 794.83K)

>I wish I was american
You already are

americans live, others exist

I'm incredibly glad I'm not American.

How unkind of you to say. Ah well, I still love you finbro.

There's a lot of down sides but you guys tend to ignore that America is a land of the highest highs as well. Great education, forefront of world research in most fields, active sports for everything, world's biggest charity system, amazing theme parks, legendary film scene (bad lately though), tons of musical scenes, beautiful nature, countless employment opportunities, extreme variety in places you can live, freedom to live (almost) however you want, etc...

America is a killer place to live if you have a passion for something. If you don't have many ambitions in life, and just want a cozy existence, Europe is probably better. Personally I would get bored over there

i hate it when thousands of third world countries inhabitants work their ass off to atleast move to texas and amerifags complain about how their country is fucked just because they saw a little dark age edit of california or their zoophile pride flag got some weird looks on the street

Attached: there are 2 kinds.png (420x521, 45.49K)

>dead end job earning $40k/year
Sounds nice. I make 26k a year

>freedom to live how you want
so long as you only use the automobile, only live in a single family house, and only vote for one of two parties which both openly mock your intelligence.

There's downsides to every country man. Name another country with all the upsides I listed above. You guys are way too pessimistic, only focusing on the negatives.

Brazil is just a poor man's America

Yeah but the problem with that is you're forced to sequester yourself off from so much of the world, like you have to live in little enclaves or hang out with very particular and insular social circles
What I like about Australia is we're still a fairly tolerant and respectful society across different social strata and interaction between different people is better while in America everything is divided and hateful
>freedom to live (almost) however you want
Again, it's more of the opposite, you're forced into a more narrow existence in America to avoid others

>my life is politics
how very american. I'm surprised you didn't complain how finding out that football is staged has left you feeling purposeless.

I wouldn't say you're "forced" to do anything, despite how it looks the different strata of American society really do get along in day to day life quite well. The only one that doesn't work at all with the rest is poor black people, which is why so many Americans online are racist and Americans are obsessed with race - they just don't fit into our society (not black people in general but the hood type). But the "hood type" is only a problem in certain areas of big cities.

I'm not sure if you've lived in America before but it works a lot differently than you would expect. It's not as bad as it looks

i'm focusing on the freedom aspect that every American likes to rattle on about, but actually knows very little about. everywhere you go in this country it's like someone copy and pasted a template. and the only parts that actually have a history were already bought and sold by JP Morgan employees 150 years ago.

lmao nigga that's a lower middle class neighborhood

>work culture is horrible
>nothing is sacred
These are the two biggest things that affect daily life. The rest don't affect your day to day life. Politics are only brought up in lower class work environments. It's considered unprofessional, despite the internet being so radicalized.

Croatia's average salary is $33,315

The freedom thing is true though. What you don't get is that there's fewer social expectations and limits placed on you in America than anywhere else, and our laws reflect this. What you see as "the shitty infrastructure" is to other people "the freedom to own my own home and live how I want, to own my own car and go wherever I want". There were some sacrifices made to that end but for a lot of people it's worth it.

If you really don't believe America is a very free place to live then try moving overseas for a year or two. It will be enlightening

I haven't lived in America but I've known plenty of Americans and I know their tribal mindset, even here they tend to form their own little cliques and move to certain areas because the mindset is to only associate with certain people
Maybe "forced" is the wrong mindset, it's more that Americans promote an idea of segregated living which severely limits you.
>It's not as bad as it looks
Appearances are still an important factor, like I would hate to live in a country where the main celebrities and headline news is constantly revolving around racebaiting and stuff, clearly that has an impact
And politics basically operates on these cliques and communities which clearly aren't engaging with each other

>Freedom is when the place you live has a long cultural history and dynamic architecture

>even here they tend to form their own little cliques and move to certain areas because the mindset is to only associate with certain people
This is a trait of expats all over the world, no? Fairly universal I think.
>I would hate to live in a country where the main celebrities and headline news is constantly revolving around racebaiting and stuff, clearly that has an impact
Yeah I agree it's terrible. Wasn't always this bad though. The polarization ramped up really really badly in the last 10 years as I'm sure you know. So it can still change

How do you define American freedom exactly? Just as "less red tape for when you're building your house"?