we bury our fig trees just to keep them alive through the winter

> we bury our fig trees just to keep them alive through the winter
meds will never understand our suffering

Attached: DSC_0586.jpg (2500x1667, 1017.29K)

How does this work?

Wtf kanada

I'm impressed that a tree can survive being buried for months

what a sick joke of a country

fun fact:
you can regrow the whole tree just from one branch, or cut off a branch and make it fuse into another tree

Is this how you cope with the lack of Russian gas?

the roots are still attached on the left side (picrel). If you dig deep enough around the roots, you can bend the whole tree down.
You also need to put blankets or wood around the tree, because the ground gets cold and the branches will die if they touch the ground.

Attached: DSC_0586.jpg (2500x1667, 1.45M)

yes it can. But we don't put dirt on top because it would die. We cover it with a tarp or something to protect it from touching the cold ground.
we have our own gas here we don't use russian gas.

Attached: FigCoverN5589s_705x529.jpg (705x529, 144.74K)

you're living rent free inside your own head ivan

this is true but it can take years to fruit again if propagated in such a way, although that's faster than starting from seed

Impressive. From burying trees to selling milk in bags. Canadian innovation never ceases to amuse me.

Fig trees here are huge. I couldn't imagine a tree as small as that producing anything.

"Wow, what a picturesque Tuscan vineyard," you must be thinking. Wrong! This is Canada.

Attached: 1642814664532.jpg (1600x900, 631.79K)

after he dug around the roots and bent the tree, he probably but the dirt back. That's why it looks strange.
yeah the fig trees don't grow big here. Sometimes the roots break when we bend them.

Attached: 141409189123.png (800x1066, 1.78M)

>Sometimes the roots break when we bend them.
Figlets, when will they learn?

lol. Actually it's because we have to dig around the roots, and sometimes we accidentally cut them with the shovel.

are the figs sweet or are they tasteless?

probably not as sweet and tasty as in Croatia

Cool, thanks for sharing Canadian traditions

>I'm impressed that a tree can survive being buried for months
What? It's dormant during wintertime. In spring once it's past frost danger you just uncover it and expose it to sunlight.

they taste good, but I hear they are better in southern europe
thank you fren

Attached: images.squarespace-cdn.com.jpg (800x273, 33.45K)

>its real
nigga just get some sun
>tfw i have never seen snow

we suffer