Languages and Orthodoxy

Which language(s) should I learn as an Orthodox Christian? English is notorious for not having enough translated Orthodox resources (including a decent Bible translation).
If you're Orthodox, have you learned any language(s) to better understand your faith? Or is your native language good enough for you?
Which translation(s) of the Bible do you read in your native language, and/or in another language for study?

Attached: ArRsxZyu_400x400.jpg (400x400, 35.38K)

Greek of course. Why do we even have this thread?

>as an Orthodox Christian

Attached: hæhæhæ.png (512x512, 515.35K)

Which variant of Greek though? Koine is used in the New Testament, but would learning modern Greek be better when reading commentaries?

Either Greek or Church Slavonic. Questions?

Are you Slavic or Greek diaspora?

Neither. I'm a convert

are you interested in reading the Church Fathers?

Yes

English. Language doesn't matter.

>I'm a LARPer
We could tell already, no idea why that user asked.

learn modern Greek then if you want to learn koine later it will be easy.

Genuine conversion can happen. Not every convert is a LARPer. Phyletism is a heresy. I'm a mix of western and northern European - just because my parents weren't Orthodox doesn't mean I cannot be Orthodox

> Which variant of Greek though?
variants?

Come here you can hang out with the grandmas

Attached: Nero,_ca._64-68,_National_Gallery,_Oslo_(36420352006).jpg (800x792, 110.95K)

Old church slavonic

Do you watch Jay Dyer anons

Attached: Jay-Dyer.png (400x400, 146.39K)

He's not even really Orthodox. He's like Nick Fuentes (a Catholic) in that he pretends he's religious without even studying the religion that he claims to believe in

Greek (Koine, Modern) is number one and Biblical Hebrew at number 2. Historically important and liturgical languages can profitably be learned too: Old Church Slavonic, Syriac, Latin, Turkish, Arabic, Coptic, Geez, Russian

What are you talking about
He knows the Bible extremely well and he has read tons of the Church Fathers and he is very well versed in theology and philosophy.

No, the dogma is spread through sperm, but no amount of eating orthodoxy cum we’ll make you one