Arrival

This was good. I thought about for a few days after watching it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 11.29.32 AM.png (404x622, 407.95K)

Go fucking fuck yourself.

It was budget Interstellar

Denis' most soulful film

Seems like apples and oranges, Arrival was pretty good, it introduced me to the concept of language shaping your perception of reality which made me think. I like Interstellar more but I wouldn't compare the two.

>Aliens are squids
>aliens communicate using magical ink
Fuck yourself faggot. The movie was mediocre and carried by Amy adams acting

Completely different. Interstellar didnt have aliums.

>he concept of language shaping your perception of reality which made me think.
Yeah thats what I've been thinking about and it it really would be possible to start knowing the future having learned their language.

The ayy lmaos are top fucking tier. That autism about their circle language was incredibly kino.

On the other hand the conceit of a language breaking the structure of time is so deeply retarded I could not suspend my judgment. The way this was unveiled with her memories was pretty well done, but the concept itself...

The actors are good I guess, idk none of the characters are at all memorable. The geopolitical stuff is absolutely inane but they had to do something I guess for narrative tension. And well that's the problem is that the narrative makes no sense because time travel is always gibberish, and seeing the future is the same thing as time travel functionally. So it's just a very dumb story.

I still love the aliens so much that I've watched it like 4 times thoughever

Yeah I liked the alien design.

Attached: tfw abbott is death process.jpg (1006x802, 309.18K)

The plot involving her daughter made me really emotional being a mom and losing your baby would be so sad bros T.T

Would be even better without Renner's squishy face in it.

Haha, Interstellar is trash.

little hostile there, champ. You have a hard time spelling or something?

the brainlet cope
now this is a decent critique, and fair enough. If you're not familiar, I recommend learning more about linguistics and how it shapes our neurology and perception of reality. It's a real thing, the movie just takes this to a Sci Fi level extreme. Worth learning about, it is pretty trippy the way language organizes our experience of reality, particularly the ability / inability to make certain distinctions if we do / don't have words for them.

What do you guys think the aliens are gonna need from us 3000 years from now?

>Have day off of work.
>decide to go to the movies by myself
>decide to see this
>theater to myself
Pretty fun experience.

dis DIIIIICK

It’s overrated imo. The characters weren’t interesting enough to justify all the heartbreak she knows she’ll endure, plus their romance wasn’t even fleshed out at all. They just sort of decided to get married. Script needed to be reworked

I am not so against time traveling so long as its well done with the theme being that time travel shouldn't be done cause it's stupid.

But I like Arrival ok. Time travel was still stupid and they probably could have taken it elsewhere.

Interstellar for morons more like. Also, what the fuck was up with the almighty chairman Xi saves the world from an alien invasion plot line??

can't deny that critique or those digits

Attached: 1620347323217.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

i remember the ending not making sense, but i can't remember how

Language changing the way we think is a real effect, but the implication is that the human brain always had the capability to see the future, which is a big ask.