ITT: Controversial (but correct) opinions

The Phantom Menace is a good movie

Attached: MV5BYTRhNjcwNWQtMGJmMi00NmQyLWE2YzItODVmMTdjNWI0ZDA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_[1].jpg (1230x1845, 273.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgoC9ocahYM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was good for it's time.

I mean, between 1983 and 1999 people (16 years) were bitching for more Star Wars, and when we finally got it, It was the best thing ever, despite the flaws.

Could it have been better? Sure, there's always going to be some fan-fic faggotry claiming to tell a better story. But this is what we got, and I'm fine with that.

I saw it in theaters when they were doing the 3D re-releases (which started and stopped with this one for whatever reason) and the Duel of Fates scene was one of the coolest theater experiences I ever had, not because it was in 3D but because the music was so loud and insane. Totally bad ass.

The character of Jar-Jar hurt the movie. Podracing lasted a little too long. The kid flying around in a spaceship during the middle of a battle and somehow surviving despite not knowing what he was doing was stupid and unbelievable.

Everything else was pretty good.

The politics were stupid. I rooted for the CIS. How were they the bad guys when the Republic was corrupt?

In the aftermath of Endor when the Empire started to fall, what happened to the former CIS planets and systems? Did they join the New Republic?

Haha, no it fucking isn't, you pleb

Attached: 1652320366760.jpg (1200x675, 119.44K)

I don't know if it's all that good, but it's the best prequel and actually looks like Star Wars.

Good? its the best star wars movie. No im not trolling

Attached: SWPM.png (982x856, 1.91M)

Rogue One is better than Empire and Return of the Jedi.

Aliens and Terminator 2 are kinda bollocks. The originals didn't need to become an action series

I’m getting so fucking sick of prequel shills on this board. It’s embarrassing how much you people ride George Lucas’s dick.

Attached: TPM.jpg (3840x1600, 295.66K)

eat shit chud

Attached: CHUDS BTFO.png (275x445, 275.11K)

This. Transition to digital was a mistake.

seethe more tranny

Attached: SealTeamGeorge.jpg (971x651, 100.04K)

Post your age

Best of the prequels, that’s for sure. It has childish humor and wooden acting sure, but I’ll gladly take that over quippy humor and ironic acting any day. Even though it’s nowhere near the best, I’m always drawn to this movie, it’s really rewatchable and comfy. And this is coming from someone who used to dislike it

>ITT: Controversial (and wrong) opinions
ftfy OP

I'm so sick of the fandom menace. Prequel apologists are the worst. The prequels fuckin sucked.

Reminder

Attached: AB70BFD4-D8BF-494B-B9C2-02AF56FA734D.png (1895x104, 21.63K)

maul had such little build up and he was propped up by music/visuals alone. That's not all a movie needs.

They hate him because he spoke the truth.

Older than you, tranny

Attached: VillieChadFace.png (159x211, 79.53K)

Its not the trainwreck some people claim to be but it fails to capture the spirit of the OG movies.

It expected too much from its audience while giving them very little to hold on to.

Post age and ID

Darth Maul, Pod racers, and battle droids are iconic star wars imagery.
Qui-gon is one of the best star wars characters written.

Post your pre surgery genitals

Attached: georgecunny.png (506x802, 947.31K)

Contrarian retards the thread

>Qui-gon is one of the best star wars characters written

Attached: F6217387-4BAA-4BA2-A5A1-4F27E7A63E2D.jpg (1194x1500, 118.64K)

>Qui-gon is one of the best star wars characters written
Describe his character

You didn't understand the politics of the prequels. The Separatists were controlled opposition. Their only purpose was to pose a threat so Palpatine could convince the senators to give him absolute power. It's actually smart writing, but Star Wars fans are retarded, so it went over their heads.

based OP, look at the fags seething

Attached: c3po-phantom-menace.jpg (480x464, 47.3K)

This, when you get older and understand everything that's going on the prequels work on a different level. If you are low IQ you never understand what's being conveyed

youtube.com/watch?v=GgoC9ocahYM
kino