Why do we pretend energy prices are a UK only issue?

Why do we pretend energy prices are a UK only issue?

Attached: 730D0CE4-4128-4CF6-B415-AACE44EF5481.jpg (1170x1265, 546.55K)

we dont?

its only issue if you heat your house with electricity, also i made 2 year contract before prices went higher, im still paying only around 30€ every month for electricity. I have district heating.

>why is the news in the united kingdom predominantly discussing events in the united kingdom?

There are vast differences in Sweden. The north has a big energy surplus and prices there are never high. So the south is worse than the average indicates.

CNN only mentions the UK. That’s an American outlet

Everyone bought into the heat pump (AC) meme over the last 10 years and now they're getting stuffed.

Attached: 5117409-QT8Vs.jpg (1280x960, 177.3K)

>Why do we pretend energy prices are a UK only issue?

No one does it, simply the UK gets an unproportional amount of attention in English-speaking media - guess why.

Not to mention UK media business is dominated by tabloids and their goal isn't to present the whole issue in an honest way (that everyone has problems) but simply to make people angry as if it was the UK government that fucked things up only because that's what sells.

I thank God, destiny, mother nature, Pachamama or the Virgin Mary for being born Spanish. It is cold here in winter, but it is somewhat bearable with a simple blanket, fireplace or heater. The Europeans beyond the Pyrenees, on the other hand, are going to have a really bad winter.

who the fuck cares?

I think the UK is just more honest. Uk govt says “suck it up and turn the heating off or pay a lot for it”. Other European countries seem to just be saying blackouts.

Because Americans obsessively care about the UK while rest of Europe barely matters to them?

It's the same like asking why the British royal family is discussed in America 100x more than any other European royal family.

My parents have a fireplace and in recent years they are spending a lot of money on wood, it seems that the price of wood is also very high.

There is no solution.

True, geothermal heating is good solution to single family homes now instead of electricity, every apartment buildings are in district heating anyway so i dont have to worry about that.

That’s another annoying point though and you’re right. Johnny Foreigner obsesses over the UK becoming a republic yet never mentions Sweden having a monarchy, a country they usually worship

I live in a pretty large apartment and my electrical bill is included in my rent. Hasn't changed in over 6 years.

Air source heat pumps are the future THOUGH.
We shouldn't even be having this energy price crisis, our energy companies are just evil profiteering scum.

>30€ every month
omakotitalo vai louhitko?

lets go turkiye

new apartment building in city, my pc is on 24/7, then its been hot so same with ac, then both washing machines too. Not mining anything. Its more expensive contract than it use to be but still twice cheaper than if i would have made it now.

>im still paying only around 30€ every month for electricity
Same. Two computers, four screens, 65" tv, cinema receiver, amp, tons of lights and two fans on 24/7.
Never gone above €40 for me.

well that explains some

Yuros read more English speaking news than news from their own country.
Most Germans know far more about US politics than their own.

I use to have contract for 5cent/kwh, new one i made is 12cent/kwh. I think now if you make it, its already over 20cents.

>a country they usually worship

no one cares about Sweden in America, pretty sure 9 out of 10 random Americans wouldn't know whether Sweden is a republic or monarchy

damn spain is really a paradise

Because I don't pay the market price while you do

Attached: 1654293710927.gif (498x498, 909.44K)