Germany Introduces World's First Hydrogen-Powered Trains

thoughts?

Attached: Germany-Hydrogen-Powered-Trains.png (915x674, 624.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trainweb.org/greengoats/bnsf/1205.html
rrpicturearchives.net/Locopicture.aspx?id=120230
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_production
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Built by French Alstom
>Also this train is used on tracks that are not electrified here, only about 60% of train tracks are electrified versus 100% in Switzerland
Germany is a shithole if you go beyond the headlines

imagine all the coal they need for the water electrolysis

I sincerely hope you germans starve and freeze to death this winter.
You are a retarded species of 60s hippie Green energy utter morons, and you do not deserve to have security, basic amenities or a good future. You dirty, fucking sitzpinkling gutmensch

America did it first. It's used as a switcher at BNSF's Topeka, KS depot

trainweb.org/greengoats/bnsf/1205.html

rrpicturearchives.net/Locopicture.aspx?id=120230

Attached: 13839502723_2f5dcea3aa_b.jpg (1000x667, 260.79K)

first battery electric locomotive as well, mass production of these began earlier this year

Attached: flxdrive.jpg (4032x1908, 1.38M)

why are Germans so good at burning coal?

Yeah yeah I saw this exact comment in the other thread already, I get it

>Germany is a shithole if you go beyond the headlines
You mostly notice that when you go there.
How a "first" world country that densely populated can't have internet or even mobile internet is a mystery.

With all these battery powered vehicles the world's going to run out of lithium i swear

It's over unironically

their green party likes air pollution

Where does the hydrogen come from?

> only about 60% of train tracks are electrified
what's the point? your continent royally fucked that up

Attached: europe rail.png (1920x1451, 445.07K)

>As of 2020, the majority of hydrogen (∼95%) is produced from fossil fuels by steam reforming of natural gas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_production

It's almost like we are different countries.

Also, we have trains that can run on several types. For example the Thalys, runs on 1,5kV DC, 3kV DC and 25kV AC.
If Spain didn't have a different gauge rail, it would be able to go from Amsterdam to Madrid.

Attached: 1280px-Thalys_PBKA_Refurbished_Nederland.jpg (1280x853, 341.92K)

Shouldn't the EU standardize that sort of thing?

Hydrogen-Power sounds like just a instant-recharge battery to me, because you're just using electricity to make hidrogen and then making it back to energy, it sounds efficient (and very green if you do the electrolisis using renewable sources) to me as a mere layman, but I don't know how much energy is lost using this method compared to batteries or regular fossil fuels.

You can't just standardize an entire rail network overnight.
And the EU doesn't have power over that at all.
We do have international projects, where we run different voltages on specific lines for international travel.

afaik water chemical bond is quite strong so it requires a lot of energy

>hydrogen
This will never be mass produced

We won't.
There are around 180 billion tons of lithium in ocean. It's just too expensive for now to extract.
Not to mention people didn't usually look for lithium, as current known reserves were enough. Now that demand shoots through the roof, people will start looking for new reserves

>thinking I want eletrification for crosscountry transport
I don't give a shit about that, but electrified trains are usually more efficient, similar to how EVs are more efficient compared to petrol-based cars