LANGUAGES!!

Tell a random fact about your native language.

Attached: World-Languages.jpg (800x508, 250.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mother_Language_Day
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Language_Movement_(Barak_Valley)#:~:text=The Bengali Language Movement of,Valley population speaks Bangla language.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Language_Movement_(Manbhum)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Attached: 1631189317364.jpg (657x527, 49.84K)

You are thinking in it.

I'll start:
Turkish language des not have an equivelent of " am, is, are"

>lithuanian and latvian
>slavic

i've noticed this too, it makes some phrases really confunsing when you're first learning turkish.

we do not have different words for yesterday and tomorrow, both are 'kal'

I am sorry for using a map that represents your language inaccurately.
Could you please give us a fact about your language?

Yes it does. Do you even know your language?

which language is this and how do you differentiate between them?
(do you use extra words or it is dependent on context etc.?)

It's sometimes considered a separate branch of Slavic languages called Lechitic along with Kashubian and Silesian as we're the only Slavic languages to retain nasal vowels. I think Polish is the most unique Slavic language by far

We have inclusive and exclusive 'we' which makes it really easy to tell if You're invited to things or not

out of other romance languages, Romanian is most similar to Sardinian
balto-slavic

The word piranha comes from the language of the natives here. So does capybara.

Pira aña = devil Fish

This. Fuck articles

Affixes are more useless than the articles.

its hindi. most of the time its obvious by the context which kal is being talked about, but when its not we say "aane wala kal" for tomorrow and "bita hua kal" for yesterday

Afrikaans has some of the loosest grammer rules in all of the indo-european family, as well as loan words from French, German, English and various SEA and African languages. (Its closest linguistic relative is actually Flemish dutch).
As a result of the loose grammer (making Afrikaans an exeptionally easy language to learn) dutch speakers can almost completely understand Afrikaans, but complain that it sounds like a baby talking and lossely stringing together words to form sentences.
Afrikaans does not have a strict sentence structure or sintax. The standard is
>Subject, Verb, Time, Object, Manner, verb, Infintive
But the kicker is that the sentence can start with any of those things and still be completely gramatically correct. I am not a linguist, so this is the most I can talk about without being over my head. I will ask my Zulu and Xhosa speakingfriends if they can tell me anything. But you all probably know about the click sounds. Those are holdovers from the assimilation of the khoi san by bantu settlers (That is the most credible theory. Clicks are actually not that common in the bantu family.)

Attached: eiwrra4h59c51 (1).jpg (720x917, 72.08K)

give us a fact about your language

Our people love doing language related movements there are total three bengali releted movements 1) one Against pakistani Urdu, 2) against Assamese in Barak valley 3) Manbhum in Bihar.
Also International Mother Language Day is based on Bengali language movement against Pakistan
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mother_Language_Day
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Language_Movement_(Barak_Valley)#:~:text=The Bengali Language Movement of,Valley population speaks Bangla language.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Language_Movement_(Manbhum)

Attached: the-wall-painting-at-dhaka-university-3.jpg (864x648, 477.19K)

bavarian has been written for longer than german

There is no official Norwegian language. It is the collection of different dialects and two different written forms. People wrote in Danish or Swedish until 100 years ago.

give us a fact about your language