Do hipsters like Filipino food?

Do hipsters like Filipino food?

Attached: 017840BB-6EBA-4010-A9EE-1C4FE62F76F8.jpg (1100x1700, 653.36K)

Why is this board so obsessed with this man?

I'll take "Things that never happened" for 500, Alex.

Hi Josh

Asian cuisine is appropriated by Westerners all the time without any credit given to its inventors. It's pretty messed up, but it happens constantly. For example, sushi is a popular dish in the West, but few people know that it originated in Japan. Similarly, General Tso's chicken is a Chinese dish that has been adopted by Americans, but the dish is rarely made in China itself. This appropriation happens because people in the West are often ignorant of the origins of Asian cuisine, and they assume that all Asian food is the same. This is a gross oversimplification, and it results in the erasure of the cultural origins of many dishes.

Never even tried it. Rich IT soys living in the capital probably eat it on the weekends and shit on our food THOUGH.

I don't get it either
There was at least one thread a day about him for the past 4 years. He's been inactive for god knows how long too.

>sushi is a popular dish in the West, but few people know that it originated in Japan.

You would be hard pressed to find someone THIS retarded.

He’s a Turk so it’s what he’s used to

Lolcows come and go but their shit takes are timeless.

I love this guy, he's hilarious.

Most Americans think it's a Chinese dish.
Yeah, his comics are funny and draws attention to the racism and discrimination that Asians face in America. His artistic prose coupled with his activism really opened my eyes about the reality of America.

Because he's correct on most things

Since we are talking about basterdizing oriental dishes in this thread.
Are baked sushi rolls a thing in your country?

Attached: 1627823260_19-kartinkin-com-p-set-zapechennikh-rollov-yeda-krasivo-foto-25.jpg (1100x825, 202.86K)

>WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT? TWO FUCKING ASIANS IN THE BACK OF THE THAI RESTAURANT LINE?
>GET. THE. FUCK. OUTTTTTTT
>YEAH, YOU HEARD ME REST OF THE CUSTOMERS. THIS IS A RACIST JOINT. HOW ELSE WE GONNA MAKE MONEY? NOW COME AND GET YOUR EGG ROLLS.

Attached: 1658937477015702.gif (320x193, 876.14K)

Every single ethnicity-specific restaurant i have been to was run by people of that ethnicity. I don’t know how it is with Filipino restaurants specifically but I really doubt most would be run by chef Jeff rather than chef Luna, so I don’t really get the point Josh is trying to make here.

Attached: vkusnyie-zapechennyie-sushi-3.jpg (1000x663, 429.89K)

>noooooo dont add things to my slop its the only "culture" i have

Attached: 1653286742153.png (395x621, 13.37K)

Oh, are you the Asian superiority Turk who makes those posts about Turkey being part of Asia?

What about deep fried one?

Attached: 1602959351-roll-29b.jpg (850x568, 256.35K)

That Filipino cuisine was reviled back then but now it's revered and appropriated because white consensus think it's awesome

Attached: 897077238923698.jpg (866x838, 140.46K)

>mayo-infused broth

Attached: 1600729343902.png (422x488, 306.24K)

Turkey is part of Asia my dude, but my point was that Turkey is Asian not just geography-wise, but also in cultural and genetic sense.

I was ignoring the part about people liking it now when they hated it before because that’s retarded. Humans are crowd-following creatures. That’s not something specific to whites or americans or whatever. Very pointless commentary.
And like I said about the appropriation, I’ve never been to an italian restaurant run by irishmen or a chinese restaurant by germans. These places are always run by people of the source ethnicity. So what appropriation is happening when a filipino makes a filipino dish?

You missed the point. What Luna meant here when white people appropriate ethnic cuisine, they are often praised for their "adventurousome" palates and praised for their "refined" taste. However, when non-white people cook the same food, it is often ridiculed and mocked. This appropriating of ethnic cuisine reinforces the power dynamics between white people and non-white people, and perpetuates the idea that white people are the cultural elite.

>WHITES ONLY