Smallville Rewatch

Ancient user here. Really loved this show it started for me at the start of my teens and prob the best show next to The Sopranos.

What happen past season 5? was I drinking too much while watching wondering if any other older anons have tried to resee the series

Attached: 6924F598-89A0-4B14-B8ED-815618319DBE.jpg (581x720, 49.75K)

Alright, what do you want to know?

Do you feel the show took a huge deep following season 5? I believe without Erica Durance getting boasted to main stay cast there is no way the show would of lasted the 10 or 11 seasons it did

Chloe knowing the secret was a mistake

Not a huge decline but it did slide down. Quality dropped a lot from the plateau it was at during season 9 with the boring Zod stuff dragging on and going nowhere, and season 10 doing its best to set everything up for the comic status quo was questionable.

Lex and lionels relationship (along with clark) was the most kino thing of the show, when they left it was just a generic capeshit show. Still watchable especially if you think welling and durance had chemistry (I think they did)

Ancient Op here. Not oy Zod but I felt the Doomsday Pay off was fucking Brutal. Troma Films could of made a better outfit.

Did anyone else notice in the final season there was a full on Zombie episode? Clark and Lane had to fight them off at the Daily Planet and it was the same week a Resident Evil game cane out. I felt the writers were out of ideas.

Ancient Op Here. It actually was season 9 episode title Rabid

Attached: 7EB345B5-91DF-4F85-BB2B-AE7AE6ADF10D.jpg (1000x563, 49.13K)

Hahahaha he is bald

Considering he is canonically a curly haired ginge, Clark did him so many favours singing it all off, he pulls off bald really well, no man can pull off curly ginge.

>Best Lex
>Best Lionel
>Best John Kent
>most aesthetic Clark
>Christopher "Fuck Bitches" Reeves based cameo
>most soul
>copious hot teen girls
Love me smallville simple as
SOMEBODY

kino theme song

The most tragic bromance too, women simply wont understand it.

>What happen past season 5?
Lex becomes a full blown villain and you see him as an enemy now, the show becomes more mature in some ways, the stupid Lana drama goes on for a couple more seasons, new cast of characters start appearing and become relevant while some go away, the show becomes slightly less episodic, it is still episodic but you feel more linearity now, there's cool moments here and there sure but the peak of Smallville is truly the first seasons, I really wish Clark had flought more in the series instead of the eternal super speed that remains relevant even in all the way to the final season

A lot of the later season episodes were just a rip off of some movie that came out recently. Also I didn't mind the Zod rehash simply because it was better than the Lex possessed version in Season 5.
Worst was the cop out Darkseid they did in 10. It was like, why the fuck even bother.

Best Lois too.

Based

Lex is also consistently well written in a show filled with shallow CW filler.
Around season 5, his relationship with clark is masterfully crafted.
You have no idea what he knows or suspects or thinks. The viewer can't tell is lex is just lexing, or if he's playing Clark and his friends and associates for info, or if he's basically just slowly nursing the truth from Clark bit by bit until Clark won't be able to deny it. Furthermore, the viewer has no idea what his goals are, and if they're selfish or benevolent or for Clark or against him. And Mike consistently drives it out of the park.
It's brilliant

SUMBADY SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Agreed. Plus pretty much nearly every Superman related actor had a cameo over the decade. Surprised we got what we did. Plus all then eye candy for men and women alike.

They did well to cast someone who was a big enough chad to be Clark’s father.

Attached: 7A81EB66-78A8-42EC-88C1-AC73CC93202F.jpg (474x467, 53.36K)