This movie aged poorly. It doesn't hold up

This movie aged poorly. It doesn't hold up

Attached: 51JRZD0UqkL._AC_.jpg (338x500, 38.95K)

The holding out for a hero scene is kino

None of the Shreks movies have held up

Magnum Force is still the funniest movie ever made.

1>3>2>4.

for some reason, this film doesn't click and, as a result, the constant jokes don't generate the desired laughs. Maybe the romcom story isn't interesting or the characters don't awake empathy or the pacing is too fast or the pop culture references are lazy. Whatever it is, it just fails to click

3 has the least idiotic story of the sequels

I've never seen such a forced contrarian opinion

Magnum Force was great you zoomer faggot

it's just a contrived and dated romcom rendered in technically competent yet drab looking CG

can u shut up faggot

Shrek is boring in 2. Nearly everything he says or does is related to Fiona in some way. She is the only thing he cares about. In other words, they made him a simp

The movie is the same as it was when it came out, so if you don't like it anymore, it's your problem and not the movie's.

Attached: CPEQy_EWoAAmXyI.jpg (272x272, 13.74K)

I kneel retard kun

Attached: 1655670766774.jpg (1242x1240, 572.87K)

>Antz, Prince of Egypt, Shrek, Shark Tale, Madagascar
only Dreamworks films before they went public which i enjoyed

You only proved my point weirdo lol

>be me
>mid 2000s at a community college
>Econ 101 class
>taught by a feckless idiotic Kenyan
>goofball in the back keeps talking loudly in the middle of the lecturing spouting things like "Shrek 2 is da bomb!"
>everyone is laughing
>teacher is not amused
>dean of the school sits in the next day
>everyone is perfect angels
>dean is gone, Nijinsky resume
>Obama's brother is shitcanned the next week

And that's how Shrek 2 helped me become an economist.

>Shrek 1 : Andrew Adamson, Vicky Jenson
>Shrek 2 : Conrad Vernon, Kelly Asbury, Andrew Adamson
the directors change was a mistake. Jenson didn't return for 2 because she went to direct Shark Tale. Adamson did come back, but he wasn't as involved as in 1 (he was also directing the Narnia film) Vernon and Asbury were the real directors of 2

I just watched 1 and 2 over the weekend, I think 1 is better but both hold up really well and the animation is still great unlike early pixar

>Toy Story, Bug's Life, Toy Story 2
>Antz, Shrek, Shrek 2
Pixar made an original film before releasing a Toy Story sequel, while these guys wanted to capitalize right away. They even made a Shrek 4-D ride between 1 and 2

Came here to post this

the backstory/deal between John Cleese king and Jennifer Saunders fairy godmother wasn't well explained at all. No flashbacks are shown and their dialogue is vague

This

Attached: Shre%3ak%3a.png (1619x768, 525.86K)

worst thing is that studio behind this (Pacific Data Images) previously made two great films with Antz and Shrek, and they'd release another great film next year with Madagascar. Perhaps they should stick to original works