Do they even make comedies anymore?

do they even make comedies anymore?

Attached: austinpowers_main.jpg (678x381, 67.89K)

No. But that shit wasn't funny either.

filtered

Every day

Attached: 22dealbook-cnnplus-mobileMasterAt3x[1].jpg (1800x1201, 203.55K)

it was the funniest thing ever if you watched it around the time it was released

No

Pleb taste

This move was as funny as
This post

Based

i miss in the 90s and 2000s when dumb screw ball comedies were released every week id see just about every stupid one that came out. nowadays they still make some but most of them are shit and since they all just come out either straight to streaming or VOD you usually never hear of them. i happened to rent this one on Redbox last year and liked it because it reminded me of those type of "shut your brain off and enjoy the stupid" type of movies from the 90s. apparently theyre making a sequel this summer just saw Swardson post about it the other day on his instagram, in the 90s this probably woulda been a been a Billy Madison level comedy quoted by every high school retard now its just some obscure straight to dvd movie

Attached: 35087585_so.jpg (1506x2128, 2.08M)

That cover art looks so unappealing. Everybody looks like they're made of sand.

shagadelic baby YEAH
oh behave
YEAH BABY

Attached: austinpowers.jpg (800x450, 99.77K)

I watched this stoned on a whim and it was actually OKAY.

They moved into low effort mumble bumble humor instead of actual jokes with a clear set up and pay off

>Billy Madison level comedy quoted by every high school retard
what do high school retards quote now? tiktoks?

Oh, behave. It's pretty funny if you're 12 which I was.

They stopped making comedies in 2008

Attached: Tropic Thunder.jpg (711x1000, 134.89K)

WIRE CREW READY

Appatow killed them after jew infiltrating with Old School

There used to be multiple top tier comedy movies released every year
The last one I can remember is MacGruber

I watched the extended version of Tropic Thunder and it's interesting that the added footage basically ruins the pacing of every joke. The theatrical cut was better.

unironically yes.

source: park next to the girl's locker room at the local hs athletic field a whole lot.