Is the Revenant the most "Realistic" Western movie?

Is the Revenant the most "Realistic" Western movie?

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 82.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuP8g_GQIgI
youtube.com/watch?v=YmTI3xYO6mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6RwAWZtK5Uw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, not even close.

I always forget this movie exist

I like the way it’s shot but I don’t remember anything from the story

Yes, and the story is based on a real man including surviving a bear attack

Western Historians say this movie.

Attached: The_Man_Who_Shot_Liberty_Valance_(1962_poster).jpg (1913x2918, 2.84M)

oh right this is the shitty movie that got dicaprio the petty oscar isn't it?

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Even the little detail like the saloon had been burnt down (not shown) and they had moved to a tent was in the movie, but not really explained, just something you would have noticed if you knew the actual history.
Very close to the actual autobiography, so being a pretty accurate recreation of a real autobiography makes it one of the most realistic historical movies.

this

this shit was boring as hell. it was just leo screaming and being cold or some shit

>The Nightingale
youtube.com/watch?v=YuP8g_GQIgI
Western Revenge, Thriller movie taking place during the Black War. Had a lot of historical advisors and such on board for it's production who apparently were actually taken very seriously.
Also MC is racist as fuck so yeah, didn't even skip on that to make her "relatable".
>Heavens Gate
youtube.com/watch?v=YmTI3xYO6mQ
Film about the Johnson County War. Was very notable at it's release for being a very realistic portrayal of the West.
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
youtube.com/watch?v=6RwAWZtK5Uw
explains why, very accurate retelling of a very in-depth autobiography and stays very close to the source material.

Attached: nightingale2020-02-06-19h52m13s085.png (1920x1080, 860.07K)

retard there's nothing realistic about it you just fell for the long cut meme

no it’s shit, read the diaries of hugh glass. they went out of the way to make the injuns appear to be the victims when it was quite the opposite

HOLY SHIT SAME!

It's definitely not a "western", friend-o, you are way too early for that in the movie.

Unforgiven gets real, real close.
Outlaw Josey Wales gets real close as well.

I can’t think of many others where they actually bring up the terror that is a bear in the wilds.

Jeremiah Johnson has a lot of accurate survivalist stuff, and the original version of The Revenant story (Man in the Wilderness) is a lot less over the top. Still love the Leo version.

Excellent referral to OP, user.
I had forgot that one.

I like McCabe and Ms.Miller because he never boasts about being some super badass and at the end gets his hidden pistol out to kill the guy hunting him after he got mortally wounded.

bro The Nightingale was so Goddamn good, I'm glad to see somebody repping it here, Aisling Franciosi is a megacutie and when I found out she also played Lyanna Stark I was pretty shocked, the movie sits on you like a fuckin boulder the entire time, I saw it like 2 or 3 times in the theater and I loved it

Attached: Happy-Birthday-Ellie-Kendrick-Meera-Reed-and-Aisling-Franciosi-Lyanna-Stark-Game-of-Thrones-Stars-turned-31-and-28-on-June-6-respectively-6175807[1].jpg (740x493, 62.65K)

the wikipedia article of the real guy is unironically a more kino story than the movie turned out to be
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass
imagine being that guy instead of Leonardo DiCaprio with a random Hollywood-added indian cuck son.

>tfw I literally thought this was Zac Gallifinakis in some Tim and Eric style skit.

Attached: robert-redford-in-jeremiah-johnson.jpg (1200x800, 60.82K)

He rides off a cliff on a horse and then the horse dies and then a storm approaches so he hides inside the horse's belly cavity

Were Indians really that dangerous? I just assumed they sat around smoking weed and then got shot by people from hundreds of meters away while they tried to run into gunfire with axes or some shit.

No. They got fucking rolled with ease.

the army crushed them. but yeah they were dangerous to ordinary people because they were niggers whod ambush civilians and torture them to death