Everyone always praise Batman: The animated series but why does no one talk about Superman: The animated series?

Everyone always praise Batman: The animated series but why does no one talk about Superman: The animated series?

The theme is amazing, had some of the best versions of characters and I feel that it had kept a high standard troughout the series. Plus, livewire.

Attached: superman-tas.jpg (1500x1500, 685.87K)

yeah it was great, its not talked about as much because, lets me honest, it wasn't as good or memorable as the batman series, and also batman is just more popular in general

should've gone more to space, the enemies and threats got very repetitive over time

If you want Superman kino, just watch JLU.

superman went to apokolips at one point

>Superman is too much of a goody two-shoes
>Villains outside of Metallo, Lex, Darkseid, and Brainiac aren't as memorable or compelling
>Couldn't even get the rights to General Zod (had to replace him with Jax-Ur and Malak)
>Animation, aesthetic, and atmosphere couldn't compare to BTAS
>One of his villains is a retarded version of him
>Too much "will they or won't they" aggravated romantic tension between Clark and Lois
>Gets nerfed afterwards in JL/U
>Ending has him being manipulated by one of the greatest known cosmic threats in the history of the universe, only for him to come around again and enact the Cadmus organization as retaliation towards his actions.

Playing the injustice games and superman (and girl) have shot way up in my book only because I can clap serious ass with them, were despite being a bats man myself, all he does in my hands is shoot his hook and flourish his cape.

It's great but it's definitely not as great as Batman. You can feel the way the creators are trying but the material isn't there or they simply aren't as interested. It's still a 9/10 if Batman is a 10/10. It has some amazing highs. If you watch all of the New Gods episodes in a row it tells a complete story.

Attached: dcau new gods.jpg (1785x469, 169.14K)

Supes is iconic for iconic sake; SUPERman being the default SUPERhero.
He's alright and has his fans, although he not near Batman and Spider-Man levels of popularity.

Attached: 6332550-5233683231-Super.jpg (1375x2088, 511.13K)

He's not even the best character in that show. Flash, Batman, J'onn, Dr. Fate, Green Arrow, Question, Vigilante, Hawkgirl, Zatanna, and Fire all outshine him.

What language is this?

Attached: cat 005.jpg (905x881, 266.42K)

half-english

>>Superman is too much of a goody two-shoes
Stopped reading here.
What an asinine complaint about a superhero, let alone Superman.

Justice League was better than both of them anyway

To me Batman had the GOAT episodes but also more duds than Super-man. It's logical tough since Batman had more seasons

JLU had the greatest single Superman story

Attached: 1280x720-ZoL.jpg (640x360, 142.18K)

BTAS is a dark, brooding film noir masterpiece which is brought to life by Timm's strong sense of art direction and sharp, angular style. It definitely had far more of a lasting impact on the Batman franchise than STAS had on it's own, was a major return to form for Batman too.

I love it. Tim Daly is the voice of superman for me. A lot of the people that voiced him afterwards were also good and he isn't as iconic as Conroys Batman but he has the perfect voice for it.

Too many episodes are just "Dude shows up and superman punches him for 20 minutes" to be as good as BTAS but when its good, STAS is awesome.
A G-rated Lobo SHOULDN'T work, but they make it work. Metallo's first ep made me feel deep emotions as a child (shame they just made him generic villain later). His team up episode with Dr Fate was kino

Which was directly adapted from a comic so I'm not sure why you specified JLU here

HAPPY?!

it was adapted really well

>Literally the only good adaptation of Alan Moore, ever.
>cuts out the exact right amount of the comic
>Can't adapt the narration "a voice like Armageddon calling his name" so instead has Superman charge Mongul in silence

its kino

How is Batman not a good two shoes? He's too pussy to kill anyone either

The Darkseid episodes are in the absolute uber tier of the DCAU.

>had I known one human's death would pain you so, I'd have killed more.

Does BTAS even have a really edgy moment of Batman in it?

>I am many things, Kal El. But here, I am God.
michael ironside was prime

Not really. He beats the shit out of the creepy guy that turns invisible and stalks his daughter though.

alright fair enough

You're just straight up lying about my boy parasite

Attached: Parasite.jpg (147x306, 17.9K)