What an awful fucking movie...

What an awful fucking movie. One and half hours of overgrown toddlers whining about how hard their lives are without even trying to fix anything, and then at the end they kiss and go home. The teacher was 100% right. No idea how this became considered an 80s cult classic.

Attached: The Breakfast Club.jpg (1710x900, 184.57K)

Glad I'm not the only one with the same take. The bender character was pure cringe

Me too, I genuinely thought I was missing something when I first watched it but I still don't understand why people like it so much

You either forgot what being a teenager was like, never were real teenagers to begin with or maybe are teenagers yourselves

Yeah I'm sure you faggots had it real tough

The concept is good but what the fuck is the take away from this? Ally Sneedy loses her individuality and hooks up with the jock, the stacey is manipulated into fucking the douchbag, and the nerd does everyone's homework for them and leaves alone. Teenagers are allowed to have trivial problems but the way it all resolves is extremely unfulfilling.

Are there any movies that do this idea but well?

still would

i can't wait 'til i'm old enough to feel ways about stuff

That's how these movies work, you're supposed to be distracted with the "unreality" of teenager life, while the adults are knee-deep in shit.
Pretty in Pink does it better IMO, it's also written by John Hughes a year later. so he's exploring something here. Pretty in Pink hits different now that I've been to high-school and even raised a kid. I haven't seen Breaky Club since I was little though and now I feel like it's just a weaker version of Pretty in Pink.

Which is why I won't watch it.. If I did I will have already taken lessons from Pretty in Pink to be immersed in it.

any nudes of ringwald?

>Ally Sneedy loses her individuality and hooks up with the jock, the stacey is manipulated into fucking the douchbag, and the nerd does everyone's homework for them and leaves alone
This is one of the big flaws with the movie. The characters who are horrible people are rewarded for being horrible and there's zero hint that that was intentional.

The writers thought they were portraying a good guy when the sadistic asshole sexually assaults the popular girl. They thought they were portraying a good person when the popular girl realizes the suicidal nerd can be exploited into doing her work for her. They thought they were sending a good message by portraying the asshole jock as the victim for terrorizing and sexually abusing a kid. They were all horrible people but it was obviously unintentional. It obliviously highlights everything wrong with the traits society views as admirable. The nerd is the only one that isn't a complete asshole.

The teenagers seem fake to me but that happens a lot in movies imo, like in Ferris Bueller: those arent realistic teen characters, but it works. So these hollywood fake teens are cringe and the humor is dated. Beyond that its a movie about goofing off with unlikely people and becoming friends with them. They really push the Hallmark card drama to its limit but again it was the 80s so teen moviegoers werent complaining about subtlety

you really have no idea why gen x would relate to lazy faggot characters?

John Hughes is a fucking faggot and his movies are mean, unfunny and shit

This movie redpilled me on alpha fux beta bux

>conclusion of the movie is Chad getting the weirdo girl, weirdo guy getting the Stacey, and the nerd doing all their homework
Brutal redpilling moment

>Teenagers are allowed to have trivial problems but the way it all resolves is extremely unfulfilling.
they even fucking point out in the movie that when they all go back to school on Monday, they'll return to their cliques and nothing will have changed. do they take any action to address this? of course not.

Another thread, another group of filtered zoomies

>and then at the end they kiss and go home
except for the nerd, who had to write their essay for them. I hope he puts a flare in Bender's chest

>whining about how hard their lives are without even trying to fix anything
As a teenager? How are you supposed to self-improve and fix your life when you
1) Are a dumb young person who doesn't know anything about life and is dependent on adults teaching you about it
2) Have to live with your parents, there's no "find a new job and move to another city to start a new life".
3) Are completely constrained by your high school environment.
Maybe it's better today with the internet, but definitely not back then. On the upside it was a less cucked and degenerate society.

This is every John Hughes movie. Rebellious boomer attitudes but in the end all these characters just end up embracing the status quo.

the goth girl was cuter before the makeover