What did tv/ think of Oblivion? Just re-watched it and thought it was quite cool

What did tv/ think of Oblivion? Just re-watched it and thought it was quite cool

Attached: p9344844_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 423.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnTMm-bzssM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was really pissed it didnt get an oscar nomination for sound editing for all the little robot noises and stuff

it's shit

It’s one of my favourite sci fis ever and I normally am not inclined the newer more polished sci fi movies. Known cast was probably the worst thing (apart from cruise, mainly freedman was too distracting)
One of the best OS ever made though

I didn't like the twist. I thought the original storyline was much more interesting.
The twist felt like something you'd make up to save on production costs

why?

extremely generic and bad

I thought the movie Oblivion was very well done. The acting was great, the story was interesting, and the visuals were stunning. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good science fiction movie.

I liked it. Still prefer Edge of Tomorrow however

One of Tom's worst flicks. Completely forgettable trash.

It's underrated for what it is, but still 7/10 scifi imo
Filters normies pretty good

I really like it, even if the story is a bit weak and other than the original trio of Melissa Leo, Andrea Riseborough and Tom Cruise some of the acting is a bit sus.

Amazing visuals, aesthetic design choices, sound design.

And the soundtrack by M83 and Joe Trapanese (who also worked with Daft Punk on the Tron Legacy soundtrack) is brilliant, one of my favourite ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnTMm-bzssM

Attached: gennaro-esposito-droneoblivionramek2.jpg (1920x768, 158.66K)

Good fun movie with an interesting twist. Nothing mindblowing (and definitely inspired by Moon), but it didn't have to be.

kosinski can't direct for shit

oh yea Apple Appliance Uprising

Fuck you Janny

Attached: jack.jpg (1920x795, 164.37K)

I liked it, but I never understood why it's called Oblivion.

another tiny tom cruise move. Too much of a narcissist to do other movies that don't have him as the main character who is amazing and invincible.
Tom Cruise is the most overrated faggot in all of Hollywood.

I love that the opening credits kinda spoil the ending.

Yeah fair point but the antagonists would be predictable humanoid aliens yet again. The twist made it more realistic. If there was anything powerful enough to travel space and harvest energy from planets it wouldn't be sending organic life. It would be some kind of self aware AI. Using the victim planets life forms as DNA fodder is genius.

You are correct.

Based on the poster it appears very generic so I don't blame people for passing it up. It's a fun little romp though. It's nothing outstanding but it never gives the impression it was trying to be. Not like MI:II. I rewatched the first 3 MI movies the other day for the first time since their releases and I don't remember the second one being such a fucking turd. All of the John Woo trademarks with none of the soul.

I would have like a bit more Tet, it is good film though. Fun Scifi

The whole part with the underground humans sucks pure ass but the rest is pretty cool. You should check out Line of Fire/Only the Brave from the same director, it’s pretty nice as well.