PARKER: Yeah, but I don't want to see it become this bastardization. I don't want people to look back and think...

PARKER: Yeah, but I don't want to see it become this bastardization. I don't want people to look back and think, Then they got into the third season and handed it over to somebody else, and it became rehashes. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that someday this is going to exist as 70 shows, and I want every one of them to be ours. And again, it comes from being such fans of Python, and watching what they did. You could see that they were losing interest at the end, so they just said, "Fuck it, let's blow this thing up." And that's definitely our mentality. Let's become weird and inaccessible. We'd rather have it blow up in our face than peter out.

Attached: uh4tntvm6y291.jpg (1440x2295, 301.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110727232806/http://treyparker.info/archives_playboy_00jun00.htm
youtu.be/cJoGEqZfFDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Let's become weird and inaccessible. We'd rather have it blow up in our face than peter out.
Funny because they are doing the last part.

why dont they make fun of leftists?

i stopped watching south park at around season 15-16, did it ever get good again?

not really, the odd decent moment

DUDE TEGRITY

Taken from a June 2000 interview with Trey and Matt in Playboy. web.archive.org/web/20110727232806/http://treyparker.info/archives_playboy_00jun00.htm

>"Fuck it, let's blow this thing up." And that's definitely our mentality. Let's become weird and inaccessible.
People would love it if they did this. They are actually going through the motions and making incredibly generic, lame rehashes.

They do you're just upset that they arent as obsessed as you

They did make fun of trannies and hillary.

how to fix south park:
-cut the randy and weed shit
-focus on the main 4 and have them go on actually interesting adventures
-stop trying to be always topical especially when they have nothing interesting to say

even then it should STILL be cancelled

I think they should kill the entire town except for randy and have it be the lol randy weed show in a big empty desolate town. Take all the music out and add a laugh track too.

Cut at least 70% of the characters.
Focus on the 4 kids.
Stop doing topical shit.
8-10 episodes per season, 30 minutes each, tight stories.
Simple.

it all went downhill after they killed Chef

>Stop doing topical shit.

I never understand how you could watch SP and then cry about topical shit.

no the only good episodes are
S19
stunning and brave
safe space
S20
none
S21
put it down
franchise prequel
S22
none
S23
none but i guess board girls but i didnt think it was funny just because i agree with the message
S24
none
S25
pajama day
thats it those are the only good genuinely funny episodes

No, there is no way to "fix" south park. It's doing exactly what it always did. It's just that it was never meant to go on this long. Nothing is, without significant changes. Imagine if original run star trek ran for actual 25 god damn years. They went through several iterations and that's what keeps it alive, same with doctor who, same with james bong, or any long running franchise. (coincidentally all those programs are dying but that's due to a separate issue)

It's only since the 2000s that you have these forever animated sitcoms that can trek on with the benefit of their characters "not aging", and the result is fucking depressing. Can't wait for Simpsons season 40!!

because topical shit use to be game of thrones or fucking pop culture references not every fucking politic under the sun

Old SP was much less political

i wouldn't care if they did recent events or politics if they wrote something actually interesting or funny. but it's not, so don't put it in.

not true at all, family guy has gotten better and american dad hasnt lost a step and thats nearly 800 episodes of pretty similar material, those shows focus on its 4-6 core characters and slowly added a few in south park has completely ditched what made them great

They do but you're too butthurt over them mocking Blonald Blumpf to notice it.

youtu.be/cJoGEqZfFDI