Star wars is Luke and Anakin's story written in the journal of the whills told by R2s perspective 100 years after ROTJ...

>star wars is Luke and Anakin's story written in the journal of the whills told by R2s perspective 100 years after ROTJ and it's ultimately a story about family lines and determinism.
Why didn't anybody tell Jar Jar Abrams so he could make kino like George did twice?

Attached: mcquarrie_new_hope.jpg (960x468, 67.76K)

Because Normies were brainwashed by retards like Red Letter Media into only wanting a woke rehash of the OT.

Blame Mike Stoklasa.

>Blame Mike Stoklasa
Picrel is from nearly a decade before the RLM reviews.
Mike Stoklasa did not brainwash anybody. People agreed with him because they already had those very same opinions.

Attached: 001200.jpg (650x841, 241.87K)

Oh, also
>Jar Jar Abrams
Why would you call George's work kino only to use one of his characters as a derisive nickname?

They certainly like repeating his completely retarded talking points word for word

because you fags are retarded
we told you and you didn't listen

Almost as if great minds think alike, huh?

If George made the sequels they would be a whole different aesthetic and tone to the other trilogies, just like how the prequels completely changed things up from the OT. They would not have been well received because whiny fanboys would say that they "feel like Star Wars". They would probably be better received than the prequels but still not liked.

I must have been a greater mind 12 years ago when I was 19 and still thought those videos were good.

>that they "feel like Star Wars".
Meant to say that they didn't feel like Star Wars.

JJ was the one who threw out Lucas’ story treatment for 7, 8, and 9 in the first place. The entire ST was JJ giving a big fat middle finger to George Lucas.

>they would be a whole different aesthetic and tone to the other trilogies

Attached: 1448883575942.jpg (400x400, 11.83K)

zoomers and the chronically online have mental breakdowns without some faggy devils advocate nonsense to keep them doubting everything, lack of doubt frightens and upsets them.

Because Jar Jar is a bumbling fool regardless of whether or not you like him

RLM and most people didn't want a rehash of the OT, and you're stupid for thinking this. The Prequels are still bad.

Ryan Johnson had the right idea to do something new, but it's obvious the Disney committee stepped in and wouldn't allow major deviation from their established story moments. Keyword "moment", singular, none of them were really connected, since Disney makes films based off moments and loosely ties plot to string it all together. Which is why it totally fell apart and became a convoluted, stupid mess in the end. The PT suffered from the same problems but was let down by the atrocious pacing.

>you now remember that time when you read (in a paper magazine) about mid 2000's rumors that star wars would come back in 2010's
>as a kid your imagination drew you absolutely weird and cool new stories

Attached: 1647065874717.png (680x762, 465.25K)

nobody knows who that is

>RLM and most people didn't want a rehash of the OT, and you're stupid for thinking this.
lol yes they did. Xoomers spent 15 years whining that the prequels were too different from the OT. Lucas understood exactly how these myopic fanboys and studio execs think.
>Ryan Johnson had the right idea to do something new
Basically nothing in TLJ is new aside from absolutely terrible things like flashbacks, time-lapse photography, and the lore-breaking hyperspace ram.

Attached: CFAD10E2-DBD2-4BEE-946A-EFF4D1804D3A.jpg (2780x1156, 1.36M)

The PT is bad, this much was known by the time 3 was in production. George himself admits there were issues and he couldn't really tell the story in a way that had the same impact as the OT. And this is readily observable in the films themselves: Ep 1 is a mess that nobody remembers, Ep 2 is an hour of fluff until Geonosis, Ep 3 is figuring out how to set up Palpatine and Anakin as evil. All three are disjointed and isolated from each other in ways the OT isn't, which is the biggest issue - although this was likely necessary due to the bigger time skip as Anakin grows. What's frustrating is that a better director and producer could have worked this out, the Phantom Edit shows a better movie can be made.

Anyway, this was all known when Ep 3 released in 2005. Years before RLM was on Youtube. RLM also wasn't even the first ROTS and PT review on Youtube either, and not even the biggest.

George read Joseph Campbell and Spengler.

Attached: F8897147-04C2-46F4-97C5-08CF959E383B.gif (740x700, 2.94M)

>this was all known
>trust me
I’m sad you got filtered this hard.

I am genuinely baffled by the people that think RLM's videos had anything to do with general opinion of the prequels. I've come to appreciate them more with time but people were roasting them all from day one.

>CHOREOGRAPHY BAD
>CHEAP SHITTY EFFECTS GOOD

There is a difference between wanting the same basic idea of a film and remaking it as a reboot. George himself realized this with the PT. More to the point, RLM wasn't the first to point this out. The PT was badly executed and all three were severely underwhelming compared to the OT. The biggest criticisms were (amongst others) Anakin being a kid, podracing, stupid makeup, and sitting in rooms talking not doing anything. Which is where the sleeker design of TPM's sets really hurt, which was gradually alleviated by ROTS.

Ditto, no new ideas were presented in the PT. The "clone wars" was just a one-off comment in the OT that George turned into an entire film, so was Anakin's backstory (which was an almost total rehash of Luke's) and the entire concept of not-stormtroopers in the first place. The only difference was Palpatine and Naboo's queen, all of which was annoying, grating and boring since it tried being Star Trek without the faster (and necessary, in this case) tempo of a TV show.

Zoomers can't remember when it came out. AOTC released in 2002, people born as late as 2004 can post here now. Presuming someone started caring about Star Wars around 2017, it'd make logical sense that they'd assume RLM had a major impact on public opinion because RLM's videos, today, are the ones people point to on Youtube regarding Star Wars and Star Trek. The sort of people who started with The Force Awakens or Rouge One as their first Star Wars films.

To be clear I'm actually kinda fond of the PT, and I think The Phantom Edit is a really good film. Which speaks to how George blew it in the editing room. The videogames were good though, and George got the last laugh because Disney managed to make substantially worse films.

>I'm gonna kill these kids so I can save Padme
>[chokes Padme]
>Padme dies of a "broken heart"
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Do you not fucking understand how deep the prequels are! You're not properly interpreting the concept of space magic!! RLM RLM RLM!!!

Why do zoomers cope so hard over the prequels? I like the memes too, that doesn't mean the movies are good in any way.

Yeah it's just the revisionist aspect that confuses me. It's fine to enjoy them, or to think other people are too harsh on them or whatever. But some people seem convinced that the entire world liked them and considered them top tier films until some fat asshole made a video on YT and everyone fell in line overnight.

It's a weird one because like, the actual plot of the PT is pretty decent and well constructed, the concepts and world are interesting but Lucas is just such a garbage director that they ended up being these horrible mishmash messes until people had stuff like the clonewars cartoons and some of the books that really fleshed it out in a better way.

>people born as late as 2004 can post here now
lmao

I don't know what this is trying to say

Geroge was always a shitty writer. Zoomers don't understand just how much mind-blowing special effects and a simple story could carry a film back in the day. They don't realize how nonsensical and convoluted it all became in the prequels and that revolutionizing green screen wasn't a technical achievement like the models and SFX of the original trilogy (i.e. of the epitome of soul in the technical arts vs. setting the stage for everything to become a cartoon).

wtf no it isn’t. The Whils was originally supposed to be about Mace Bindu.