Are there a lot of monolingual speakers here?

Are there a lot of monolingual speakers here?

Attached: Flag_of_Quebec.svg (1).png (1280x853, 15.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/prof/details/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo1=PR&Code1=24&Geo2=PR&Code2=01&Data=Count&SearchText=24&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=&TABID=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

43% of people in Quebec are fluent in both English and French compared to just 7% in Ontario

100% are cunts

Meant to say "monolingual French speakers"

Attached: 1624800920307.png (1146x1089, 227.97K)

yeah well I know more Quebecois know English than Anglo-Canadians know French, but my question refers specifically to the monolingual French population of Quebec

This is such bullshit.
The majority of people here will struggle to speak a single english sentence. They might answer they're fluent in the polls, but they're not.
The reality is closer to 20% fluent bilingual, with a solid 60-70% speaking and understanding only french

Is French a mandatory subject in schools?

Until grade 9

Yes, Quebecois are very sensitive about protecting their language, more so than the French themselves.
We have laws mandating that store and road signs must be in french. French class is mandatory. Nearly all schools are french-speaking with only a few private schools being the rare exception

I bet it's different among zoomers. It would really surprise me if quebec zoomers weren't at least as adept at English as their European counterparts

I meant to ask if English was a mandatory subject in schools in Quebec. Sorry, I'm having a dumb day today.

>asks about momolingual French speakers
>on an English speaking website

lol based

? even if none of them will come here, I'm sure bilingual Quebecois will be able to explain to me what the situation there is like

Pretty much everyone here is bilingual but refuse to speak English even when asked.

Attached: jijachad.jpg (481x388, 8.67K)

Yeah, they both are.

basé. mes collègues étrangers passent leur temps à se moquer de la langue française mais ils viennent toujours pleurer pour que je les aide quand ils doivent sortir de leur petit cercle anglophone et interagir avec les 95% de Français de base qui ne parlent pas un mot d’anglais.

based

No, I will not learn french.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 91.41K)

>basé. mes collègues étrangers passent leur temps à se moquer de la langue française
fais sortir ces putains d'arriérés de ton pays

do you live in Quebec?

why are quebecers so in denial about this ?

The numbers I'm pulling are literally government data from stascan. Most people in Quebec know English but act like they don't. Most people in Ontario know zero French but will act like they do
www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/prof/details/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo1=PR&Code1=24&Geo2=PR&Code2=01&Data=Count&SearchText=24&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=&TABID=3

Pure sovl

Yes. English speakers

Attached: 1479185276523.png (410x573, 26.17K)