What's the most underrated language to learn for cultural products? Like music, literature, films etc

What's the most underrated language to learn for cultural products? Like music, literature, films etc.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJQ4OVcEiDQ
youtu.be/Q_HoGYhk4x8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

French obviously.

Sexsexsex with Spanish putas

Probably Russian and it is not even close.

japanese if you're into that kind of shit

>japanese
>underrated
I'm learning moon but you're a fucking retard

Most of mentioned countries have made large contribution to world art. Except Japan ofc.

Maybe the one with over half a billion native speakers and over 20 countries where it's an official language.

Does the Polish language sound good enough?

youtube.com/watch?v=AJQ4OVcEiDQ

I love my flag but why must you do Portugal dirty like that user

Of course english is #1 and french #2 by a wide margin but the most underrated must be japanese because it's associated with animefags and weebs and videogame nerds but they have excellent music, literature and cinema and a lot of it is unknown and untranslated in the west.

Japanese is useless and overrated from every point of view.

It's great for that purpose, but underrated it is not. It really does make learning any other language kind of disappointing in comparison, because nobody else has nearly as much media to consume, and it's usually awful (not that japanese shit is very good either).

The same can be said of Italian, which I'm studying anyway, because I have an i at the end of my name and it makes pastafriends seethe.

Russian has been traditionally the 'obvious' around here for all those art/ballet/opera/literature people. We live in different meme sphere.

None. Subtitles and translations take care of everything.

>The same can be said of Italian
It is the same but knowing Italian could help you with some other languages. Generally speaking, it is useless

Most of them have unique cultural output that you can only experience in that language. I'll give you some examples to help you decide, since I'm assuming you don't know which language to learn.

Literature
>Russian(dostoevsky, Boulgakov, Tolstoi, Nabokov, etc.), French (Houellebecq, Victor Hugo, Camus, pretty much all of the literature that comes out of France is ok) and Spanish (The entire Latin American Boom, classical Spanish novels)

Film
>Russian (The Mirror, Stalker, come and see, etc.), French (Caché, three colours saga, Amélie, anything from haneke) and Spanish (Amores Perros, El secreto de sus ojos, Roma)

Music
>Spanish (Traditional Latin American and Mexican music may not be too globally relevant, but it has a huge presence in my cunt and it's very characteristic of Mexican culture). Also take a look at Café Tacvba, Soda Estéreo, and Charly García for some modern stuff), French (Stromae, Serge Gainsbourg, Noir Désir, etc.), Portuguese (Novos Baianos and Brazilian music in general)

Weaboo shit
>japanese, no doubt

Personally, I decided to learn French a few years ago, and I still get some a lot of use out of the language. Russian would be my runner-up when it comes to cultural output. Hopefully I'll learn the language someday.
Don't learn German or Italian; Germans create everything in English, while Italians have a shitton of regional dialects and little output in general.

french being underrated is a meme, no wonder how you wanna troll it will not erase centuries of cultural contribution, now i think you shluld learn italian, their music and cinema is super cool and beside mafia stuff nobody gives enough credit.

arabic for music

youtu.be/Q_HoGYhk4x8

iranian for its literature hands down

Arabic? ;^)

>Germans create everything in English
Didn't know Goethe, Adorno, Kafka, Hegel, Kant, Musil, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Mann, Schiller, Brecht, Marx wrote in English. I must have read German translations then.

Russia has never been that