What does Any Forums think of Godzilla King of the Monsters?

what does Any Forums think of Godzilla King of the Monsters?

Attached: Godzilla2_Poster-1500x2121.jpg (1500x2121, 404.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i liked it the first time but on re-watch i was bored

Attached: kotm.webm (1920x800, 2.97M)

It must've been mediocre because I don't remember much already

It feels like a big budget fan film

i watched this on shrooms in theaters when it came out and I thought it was the best movie ever made for a while

Bad movie but good Godzilla movie. Make of that what you will.

Based.

Attached: King Ghidorah_Monster Zero.gif (502x319, 2.69M)

yeah I agree with this faggot. monster fights were kino and the human element was a bore makes a good godzilla movie.

The movie was alright but the theme song was god tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI

The 'human element' was taken out of King of the Monsters for the most part. I think that's why it's a much better Godzilla movie compared to sucky 2014 Godzilla.

wut? it's like 80% human 20% monster

Perfect soundtrack
Trash everything else
They somehow made a pro-nuke Godzilla movie

>They somehow made a pro-nuke Godzilla movie
Said user, completely devoid of self-awareness, inner monologue, insight, and intelligence.

No that was the first Godzilla with Bryan Cranston as the scientist in the 2014 Godzilla. The second Godzilla movie delivers spectacular kaiju action with far more monsters and entertainment than the first one. I just rewatched these today.

>No that was the first Godzilla with Bryan Cranston as the scientist in the 2014 Godzilla

Remember how from the early trailers everybody was hyped as fuck because we all thought it was going to be Walter White vs Godzilla?

>nuke is pivotal to saving humanity by reawakening Godzilla
>Titan radiation heals the world
Also cool how the oxygen destroyer shows up for 10 seconds and is never addressed again
Movie sucked ass bro, the fights were shit and the cutaways were worse than the 2014 movie

checked. I actually never bothered with the 2014 and jumped straight in king of all monsters and found it highly enjoyable thanks to King Ghidorah. I really hope we get a Gigan appearance since he was my favorite as a kid.
Skull Island was abysmal and Godzilla vs Kong was mid.

It's not very good. It presents itself as some Wrestlemania monster-mash to the point of characters turning into sports commentators but most of the kaiju action stuff is kinda lousy. It felt like a bunch of trailer-bait imagery stitched together with a very bad plot. Rodan and the jets (they're weird and they're wonderful) were neat, though.

Yes, I remember there was so much hype surrounding that first Godzilla before it came out. They literally picked the only two scenes that had kaiju action in it and put in the trailers. Made everyone believe it was going to be great and than meh.

You didn't miss a thing. Glad you enjoyed King of the Monsters. So did I. It was what I was looking for in a Godzilla film. Mothra was badass and Ghidorah was well done. I appreciate the work the fx team put into the kaiju. Totally agree with you on the Kong films. Skull Island was crap. King Kong from '05 is the only good one imo.

Fucking love the reverent Snyderesque vibe of the film. The kaiju were presented with so much gravitas, and the constant rain and snow and wind and fire gave them such an amazing elemental touch. Dope flick.

>Yes, I remember there was so much hype surrounding that first Godzilla before it came out. They literally picked the only two scenes that had kaiju action in it and put in the trailers. Made everyone believe it was going to be great and than meh.

To this day I still have no idea why they decided to substitute charisma vacuum Kick Ass for Cranston as the lead.

Same. Then I saw it sober and it was mediocre. Human characters are horrible

It was the only movie I actually bothered to go the theater to watch, took my mom and nephew, mom was yelling from excitement, it was hilarious. It was a great experience and enjoyable flick.

It’s like the Godzilla version of the SW sequel trilogy, but slightly better. By that I mean that it’s just a rehash of memberberries from the source material that added almost nothing new. The most interesting new element was the reveal that there was an entire Atlantean civilization that worshipped Godzilla, but that idea was really just a continuation of what was already established in Kong Skull Island. It was presented more like a teaser for supplementary material rather than something that really affected the plot of the movie. What actually did drive the plot of the movie was either not explained very well, or it didn’t seem very believable. I could probably go on for quite a while about my criticisms of KOTM, but I will just say that it’s very obviously a movie created by a “fan” of the older Japanese movies, but not necessarily someone who understands those stories and their cinematic language well enough beyond a superficial way to create a new story of his own. I actually liked KOTM much more than Godzilla 2014 (a movie made by someone who didn’t really care for the source material at all), but I felt like there was a lot of wasted potential, or that it was just going through the motions to set up lots of trailerbait rather than making a good story. I thought Godzilla vs Kong was a much better movie that was in the spirit of the old source material without just copypasting lots of gimmicks or story beats from those movies.

Attached: 845B7A95-FEA2-49A2-A231-E4C4B4231552.gif (450x193, 973.85K)