Only need to know like 3000 words to be conversationally fluent in a language

>only need to know like 3000 words to be conversationally fluent in a language
>tfw if you learn only 10 new words a day you can basically reach B2/C1 level in less than a year
Why the FUCK haven't you done this yet?

Attached: duolingo chad.jpg (639x596, 24.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lukesmith.xyz/articles/notes-on-learning-languages/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Philosophy_and_Economic_Science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I already know the only language that matters

Grammar

i only need spanish

learning languages are pointless unless you capitalize on it
English is more than enough

>I already know the only language that matters
Bueno

i mean, im learning italian now and thought about finnish next but then i saw those letters with dots on em and how terrifying they look so i declined the finnish project, will be learning hindi and urdu tho so i can scam the hajjis coming here for umrah

You are using the language of the people that colonized your country and saw you as animals

I mean, I kinda did, but not in a year, and I'm not interested in conversations. Most of them are worthless, you probably know how hard is to have any meaningful interaction, and most people aren't exactly worth learning a language (no offense, but people in general aren't that better than Brazilians). It is defintely worth learning something to read books and check out media.

A language isn't just a collection of words. Memorizing vocabulary isn't learning the language.

lukesmith.xyz/articles/notes-on-learning-languages/

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 05-56-23 Notes on Learning Languages Luke Smith's Webpage.png (797x3497, 1M)

>doesnt know we have 100's of languages

English is just a language of commerce that's used to make money. I dont speak English with my friends or family

Name a single living language worth learning.

I keep trying but I have terrible memory so I can't retain anything I learn.

Why isn't sanskrit the official language?

This but unironically

That's wrong though, krashen already proved that comprehensible input is all that matters.

Sanskrit is more of a written, religious language than a spoken one. A lot of the successor languages replaced it.
The only place I hear Sanskrit is from priests in temples

>B2/C1
I know 3000 Japanese words and I'm A2.

My father and grandfather both study sanskrit for the last 40 to 50 years respectively

does india have many languages? and not dialects but distinguishable languages

With how limited Japanese sounds are you probably know more than 3000 words

>nigga never heard of the caste system

were they Brahmins?
I only had Brahmin friends learning it in tuition centers when I was in school. As their parents push them to study it
>"Press Trust of India More than 19,500 languages or dialects are spoken in India as mother tongues, according to the latest analysis of a census released this week. There are 121 languages which are spoken by 10,000 or more people in India, which has a population of 121 crore, it said."

Attached: 1_7ZOupYpvwDDVmWMLWjUaZA.jpg (682x599, 43.87K)

>10 new words a day
It takes an hour to memorize a new word. It takes 2-3k hours to be fluent. That's a giant fucking waste of time.

so if a bengali and tamil meet eachother how do they communicate? is there some main indian language?

>learning languages are pointless unless you capitalize on it
that's a very stupid take on languages and knowledge, in general.

nigga we literally have 4 distinct language families (europe has 3- Indo-European, Basque and yours)

>and not dialects but distinguishable languages
yes. at least 20 major ones mutually unintelligible.

english. but mostly because tamils are stuck up brats who refuse to learn hindi. a gujarati and punjabi or marathi and assamese guys would communicate in Hindi

No they are white, I also was forced to attend their equivalent of a Sunday school as a child. My parents met through it although my mum and nana left because they started to think it was anti Christian

>The School of Philosophy and Economic Science (SPES), also operating under the names the School of Philosophy and the School of Practical Philosophy and legally named the School of Economic Science (SES),[1] is a worldwide organisation based in London.[2][3][4][5][6] It offers non-academic courses for adults, ranging from an introductory series called Practical Philosophy to more advanced classes.[7] Its teachings are principally influenced by Advaita Vedanta,[8][9] an orthodox philosophical system of Hinduism.[10] It has a guru, Sri Vasudevananda Saraswati,[11] who used the title Shankaracharya until 2017.[12]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_Philosophy_and_Economic_Science

But what language are YOU using?

are there other big groups like tamils that refuse to learn hindi?

Attached: 1660251150901367.jpg (657x527, 169.76K)

/thread

The government wants to implement bilingualism in schools but Jacinda will loose the election next year before that happens

not really. its a whole century old iseology with them, its really weird

Attached: images (49).png (561x546, 24.22K)