Why the fuck did America stop making animation like this

you literally had a good thing going why would you decide to just trash it so suddenly?

Attached: Is-Treasure-Planet-underrated-732x478.jpg (732x478, 53.88K)

Money

I remember when I was afraid of brown kids with that haircut

ZOG.

Why did they ruin this movie with the stupid robot?

Retarded Disney execs wanted everything to be full CGI because they unironically thought it didn't look any worse than hand drawn.

Attached: treasure planet.jpg (1191x670, 190.92K)

I am brown and have that haircut.

Attached: californians.png (981x1400, 735.19K)

i watched alice in wonderland recently and it's unreal how good it still looks for a film made in 1951

I completely forgot that fucking robot was in it until the last time I watched it. He completely ruined the mood in every scene he was in. Thankfully he was only in the last 1/3rd of the film. They probably felt the need to insert some awful Jar-Jareqsue comic relief but it didn't work.

>posts a movie that flopped
Gee I wonder why.

Would you beat me up for having a giggle?

Traditional cell animation is very work intensive and time consuming, plus very costly. And at the time this decision was made, CGI was the new toy in the room that everybody was excited about and wanted to play with, so the boring and uncool old thing was abandoned. Thank God for Japan and Korea sticking to their guns.

Because while good, it doesn't earn as much money as the 18th Marvel movie, or pandering to particular groups does.

I want to fuck the captain.

All the art schools stopped teaching actual skills and all the animators died and there were nobody to replace them

>oh no we didn't break even on this one movie
>time to reshape an entire industry
they really do huh

I miss high budget hand drawn animation so much.

Attached: akira-motorcycles.gif (480x360, 2.73M)

does anybody have the picture?

No. My gf in high school made fun of my hair all the time. She called me flock of seagulls.

Kids these days love 3d animation

Never underestimate the greed of American business executives, their entire existence revolves around making money at the expense of everything and everyone

Because American companies during the 80s Regan era stopped promoting leadership from within the companies and started farming out all leadership roles to people with "business" degrees, not training within their own fields. Like how Ford hired a CEO who came from a fucking furniture company who advocated that Ford just stop making cars before he was removed.

>Kids these days love 3d animation
Dios mio

Attached: ugly.png (350x197, 129.66K)

Unironically because Shrek proved 3D to be easier and more profitable.