Untitled

Attached: god's not dead.jpg (720x720, 130.85K)

yada yada burden of proof yada yada

Why can't Atheists define atheism?

A guy in a philosophy class I took actually tried this and some sweaty fedora absolutely ripped him to shreds, nobody came out of it looking good.

If you go to a store and want to buy something, you have to show some type of payment or ability to pay. You cannot simply challenge them to prove that you cannot pay. God is all fine and everything as long as you don't live in the real world. Even the churches demand payment for the entertainment they provide.

>your reward is only after you die

>a higher power exists
Totally, yeah
>he only communicated with an iron age semite tribe and no one else and their hebrew book is the ony valid religious text ever until god turned himself into a person to die and talk about himself which became another book and you can’t eat shellfish or wear two types of fibers in your clothes until people found this too inconvenient so now you only have to follow half the rules in the old jew book because those ones are easier
Fuck no

That's hilarious but also exactly what I'd expect from a philosophy class.

they can and do, it's christfags that don't understand its simply a lack of belief and not a claim

The invention of the printing press was the death of universal religious acceptance. Before the 17th century, only the priests could handle the holy materials. Catholic mass was conducted entirely in a dead language until only about 60 years ago. No one knew what they were saying.

I didn't realize Joss Whedon was so religious lol

Why can't pr*Ts make good films?

Attached: catholic-protestant-films.jpg (1682x938, 1.05M)

> why do Protestants try to adapt to the times and spread God's word in a way that modern audiences can understand instead of impotently clinging to the past and making stuffy Snyder-tier video essays
Yeah it's a mystery.

>Protestants try to adapt to the times and spread God's word in a way that modern audiences can understand
How's that working out?

who the fuck is josh wheaton? this niggas only claim to fame is his name sounds like some fat feminist

>what I'd expect from a philosophy class.
What do you mean

The keyword here is
>try

The problem of the fate of the unlearned completely BTFOs Christianity, prove me wrong

>people who haven't heard of Jesus go to hell
Then God is a cruel, evil being

>people who haven't heard of Jesus don't go to hell
Then you should stop telling people about Jesus. Knowledge of Jesus is a horrible burden

This also sort of ties into the age of accountability. If children automatically go to heaven, then isn't abortion actually a good thing? And shouldn't you kill your children so that, instead of them potentially becoming atheists as adults and going to hell, you guarantee them a spot in heaven?

Attached: 1655505205699.jpg (600x585, 47.33K)

>How's that working out?

Attached: hkfbf.png (412x412, 14.54K)

Spirited debate over something that doesn't really matter, participated in by 1 idiot and 1 neckbeard. Just like here

>he hasnt seen Ben hur
>he hasnt seen Risen
Sorry Prots are busy making classics

christkikebros...

Attached: 16546469535180.png (542x466, 240.58K)

>After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
>And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:33-34

My philosophy as well. I think there is a God, and I think there is a plan for life, but it's never been really revealed to us and we certainly don't understand what our purpose is.

God IS the concept of good. Whatever he does is good, therefore.
Remember, God created everything. If he created everything, that means he either created the concept of good, or he is the concept of good himself.
So, saying God is evil is dumb and gay. Everything he does is correct by definition.
Besides, jesus is not a burden. People can not and will not live a happy life without him. Depriving people of knowing Jesus makes them miserable and is an evil act.

Pay closer attention

>Your purpose is to love God and convince other people to love God
Seems pretty pointless to me. It was also a plan conceived by the Jews so why should I trust it?

You should read the Corpus Hermeticum