Books that are impossible to adapt

Attached: hbg-title-9780575097360-573.jpg (814x1250, 492.36K)

Stoner. Everyone would kill themselves

Attached: ass (1).jpg (427x600, 80.96K)

Why? Also explain the story

It's basically a shonen, so you could make an anime out of it

Pretty much anything by Nick Harkaway can be described as an amazing action movie that can never exist on the screen because it depends on details that can't be physically portrayed.

Attached: 513gVJ8ZZQL.jpg (326x500, 59.92K)

Attached: m62546063602_1.jpg (1200x1600, 338.96K)

Would work as animation

Attached: Quran-With-Rosary-1.jpg (1280x720, 171.13K)

I know they did make an adaptation of this but it was awful and did not really reflect the book at all.

Attached: BreakfastOfChampions(Vonnegut).jpg (220x331, 21.44K)

BoTNS thread?

Attached: 519gTXoSdKL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (340x499, 23.05K)

The only thing that'd make it impossible is the length. But the book is sold in 2 parts in some countries so could be done in 2 movies

Attached: 5120[1].jpg (930x558, 18.37K)

justed started a Vonnegut marathon, half way though player piano, that would make a great 1950's period piece

it already has a movie

excellent taste, my personal favorite
It's very bleak and melancholy, there's not much in the way of story, it's just about a dirt farmer from missouri who becomes a professor and his life, but the prose and themes are pretty much nonpareil, it's up there with Lolita for me

planet with big ass land-crabs and continent-sized super hurricanes but in a fantasy setting with knights. oh and blue eyes good brown eyes bad

Disney's led wall panels and a army of fresh cal arts students .
Hand it to Disney because it already has wokeness baked into it and they'll shove the money needed to get my Kal on the big screen

I just started reading Berserk and all I can think about that is that Any Forums copypasta about the guy who read a book for once and how much time he wasted on anime and manga lol, I just can't stop comparing it to BotNS in my head and I think it's going to ruin it for me, same thing happened with Fire Punch

Something Happened Joseph's Hellers follow up to Catch 22 would make for an awful movie since it's 99% circular internal narration of a seething wagie.
Good book though.

This bad boy is so specific to the medium of a physical book that there is no point in releasing it digitally, let alone adapting it in any way.

Attached: 41chEpgIZwL._AC_SY780_.jpg (338x500, 16.83K)

Recommend me some sci-fi, Any Forums

The graphic audio book is fantastic and pretty close to a movie with the voices, sound effects and music

read more books, you'll realize sturgeons law applies to all media

impossible to adapt or undesirable to adapt, you decide.

The Sirens of Titan

no shit, but there's way more worthwhile books out there than there is worthwhile anime and manga. Not saying Berserk isn't worthwhile but it's no Screw Story or anything

rendezvous with rama
lucifers hammer
mote in god's eye
moon is a harsh mistress
ian bank's The Culture series
i dislike them but the star wars thrawn duology audio books are really well done, music and sound effects from the OT and the reader does a really good impression of the main cast

Solar Cycle, Gene Wolfe
Fifth Head of Cerberus, Gene Wolfe
The Dispossessed, Ursula K. LeGuin
Earthsea series, Ursula K. LeGuin
Rememberance of Earth's Past Trilogy, Cixin Liu
Dying Earth series, Jack Vance
those are what I've read and enjoyed (somewhat) recently. Working through V. right now and then I think I'll start the Mars trilogy

>Earthsea series, Ursula K. LeGuin
feminist trash
>Rememberance of Earth's Past Trilogy, Cixin Liu
very good hard scifi, the 1st is probably the most anti-communist book i've ever read

Attached: 3 body problem.png (841x441, 169.8K)

surprised you don't have any shit to say about Dispossessed considering it's communist feminist trash (that I like)

same author, i'd bet her entire work is the same talking points over and over again

>sanderson
>good
kek, why don't you people read real books? Scared to challenge yourself?

unironically dune

uhmm, yikes, this ain't it chief, have sex inkwell

Attached: FQGsKduWYAQ31gM.jpg (1081x811, 100.53K)

The space trilogy is a must read

Oh boy, contrarian anti-Sanderson nerd. Hold on, let me get my bingo card so I can record all of your special and important big boy opinions.

I fucking hated the writing in Dune

The setting overall is neat, but god damn is the writing dry. And no, that wasn't a desert joke. Its just really fucking dry.

What was your problem with it?

Not him but Sanderson is good in the sense that shonen anime are good meaning they're shit.

>all these classic sci fi recs
christ you lot are boring.

If you want a good modern sci fi read check out the Synapse Sequence

>contrarian
hating Sanderson on Any Forums is the norm, check out the sffg on lit. he isn't terrible but theres a whole hoard of writers trying to be him and he's peak reddit