Isn't it strange how the Prequels got massive hate at release yet when you watch them now you realize they're even...

Isn't it strange how the Prequels got massive hate at release yet when you watch them now you realize they're even better than the OT? We would've gotten more George kino in 7 through 9 if people didn't bitch so much. All this terrible deconstruction of the franchise currently really comes down to George giving up after the negative reception of something, frankly, people weren't ready to appreciate. People were less willing to see the corruption of our society during the Bush era and that's the most interesting part of the Prequels, the good guys are in charge of the galaxy and corruption and villainy still persist.

Attached: Star-Wars-Prequels-collage.jpg (1920x960, 753.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>got massive hate at release
Yidsney Revisionism.

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg

Fan reception to the Prequels is probably why cinema is so shit now desu. Why do something new when fanboys are just gonna scream at you until you show them the same old shit they've seen a million times before?
If they want bland fanservice over and over and over then fuck it, that's what they'll get

Fuck off.

triggered lol

Prequels still suck

They're fine.

Well, if you do something new and it's shitty you shouldn't be told that it's good. You're an idiot.

Hi Mike.

Grow up, manchild. Let your toys go. Start watching movies appropriate for your age.

>Well, if you do something new and it's shitty
What does that have to do with the Prequels?

lol

What I'm most curious about is how George would've portrayed the sequel trilogy and it's aesthetics. In the OT the Empire being in control has the world in a rugged declining sort of state while the Republic was clean and futuristic. And since Lucas has stated how he likes to make everything new for each movie I wonder how Ep7 was going to look.

They're awfully written and poorly directed soulless cartoons made by a lazy, aging director who suffered the same curse as others from his generation when they got access to new technology.

I used to like the Prequels but this sound analysis by a random internet shitposter finally made me see the light. Thanks user!

>Isn't it strange how the Prequels got massive hate at release
Only ever really happened in north america
Yurop had kinda chill opinions.
Artsy guys found them plebeian spectacles, starwars/sci fi thougbt they were cool
Kids loved them

Gee I wonder what was happening in America at the time of the Prequels release that made the media give them a negative perception???

Prequels were worthy and filled with value.

Only way these statements can be considered is if you niggers explain why you feel this way, and even then I expect it’s just gonna be some subjective “*i* didn’t like em!!!” tripe
But go ahead

It's funny how Disney tried to cash in with OT bait right when people realized the Prequels were actually good.

It’s more got to do with the way mutts lionize franchises and hype up cinema/tv etc
Franchises become a way of life, people buy all the products and become a “starwars guy” or a “playstation guy” and then defend or attack those things until death
Lucas insulted those guys gravely by attempting to round out starwars, giving much needed backstory and explaining how things worked and why certain things happened.
This created a massive trauma that “fans” were unable to cope with- even 20 years down the road they are fucked and can’t cope.

I remember watching them as a kid multiple times and thinking they were on-par with the original trilogy, but had a different sort of theme and setting.
Then years later, I found out you're supposed to hate them and I just shrugged because I never hated them. I actually ended up rewatching them and understanding the story properly, which made me respect the films even more because I never looked at them through a political/real world lens as a kid.