Who is Iman Vellani?

Who is Iman Vellani?

NOTE: I like the girl and I have nothing against her. All the best to her. This is just a bunch of questions that I have regarding the industry.

I was wasting time on instagram when I came across thois picture that said: "DID YOU KNOW... Iman Vellani is the first actress withouth any acting experience that was cast in a Marvel main role?"
I was like... wait a minute, that can't be right.
Casting people with no acting experience whatsoever is something student films do, nit multi billion dollar companies, specially not for a main role.

So doing a bit of research all I could find is that Vellanni got the casting call through a "whatsapp message that her aunt sent her". That's it. That's all the information I could find.

A whatsapp message? For a Disney+/Marvel main role? What kind of aunt is that? DOes the aunt work for Disney or a major casting agency? So many questions.

Usually it takes actors years of experience before they can even get a chance to be in those casting tests.

So who is Iman Vellani? Where did she even come from? Did Disney really gamble a multi million dollar series on their main platform on someone they didn't know just because "she had a lot of Marvel stuff in her room" (quote from the producers of the show).

So who is Iman Vellani? Where did she come from? What does her family do? Having seen the inner working of the industry myself, I just dont buy the story they're trying to sell to us.

Attached: 16546190352221.jpg (1320x760, 142.61K)

They generally use their money to cast a wide net and narrow down the candidates to the best option. 1500 kids auditioned for Spider-Man. All they were really looking for is
>Muslim
>Can pass for teenager
After that it's just more auditions and screentests. You can see these kinds casting calls going up all the time

No real coincidences or Cinderella stories in Hollywood.

She should just shut the fuck up

>HURR DURR MR FEIGI MCU IS ACTUALLY NOT 616 ITS 69420911!!!

>B-BUT HOW DID MYSTERIO KNOW THE MCU IS 616!!!

God just shut the fuck up you stupid bitch

But Tom Holland had tons of high-level acting experience before Spider-Man, including The Impossible and that other Ron Howard film.

Yeah I don't like the angle they are giving her: "IMG she's just such a super fan who texts Kevin Feige to argue about the MCU all the time! She's just like one of us!" It's becoming predictable.

Attached: holland.jpg (325x480, 28.78K)

Because Tom Holland was the best choice for the role, obviously his acting experienced helped him be ready for it.
A spin off tv show about a D List character is also not as big of a deal as Spider-Man, where are all these teen Muslim actors with stage experience and movies under their belt? Also with MCU's Punisher to help with their auditions.

Attached: 1.jpg (720x722, 96.98K)

Ms. Marvel is definitely not as big as Spider-Man, but the series has a budget of over 10 million per episode. Again, I doubt they'd leave the success of the series on a girl who's never been in a shooting set before.

Also there's tons of Muslim actors with experience!

Name them, literally who are they going to cast who would do a better job

Give me the casting budget they had and I'll deliver them to your doorstep.

>can't name them
What is the point of this post? They hired who they thought was the best choice, it's not complicated. You are acting as if there are muslim teens with extensive filmographies under their belt. Name one actress

>Who is Iman Vellani?
a big tit muslim girl

>Iman Vellani is the first actress withouth any acting experience
oh it shows

Does it? She is fantastic

Mate, I'm a producer. I've actually worked with Disney before. That's exactly why this is puzzling to me.

You seem to think they only went for two things: "muslim & can pass as a teenager", and you think they found only 1 girl?? And they were like "she doesn't have any acting experience but fuck it! She is the only muslim teenager in the world!"

Also, no producer has a list of muslim actors (or any other actors) in their head. That's why casting agencies exist. That's why it's such an expensive process.

They do auditions retard, she was the best

And how did she even get that audition? Saw it on her high school newspaper did she?

Man so many kids in here

She obviously wasn't the only one to audition.

Didn't read

Attached: 1655405445848.webm (860x1000, 2.91M)

There's this thing they do called "auditions" user

this is actually interesting to me.

Lol they don’t do open “auditions” like some sort of small town play.
It’s a long and well-researched casting process. My guess is that her family is in the industry. Simple as that.

Attached: 1655239798051.webm (960x1080, 2.07M)

Having seen the show I can see exactly why she was cast, she has a lot of charisma and charm.

Attached: 1655228736083-0.webm (960x1080, 1.66M)

Tell us who her family is then.

Don't think this bitch was an actor either

Attached: echo.jpg (2028x1140, 304.67K)

so her power is just Mr Fantastic? whats the point?

They really cast this hottie and made her a side character instead of the lead.

Attached: flskjfsklfslfsf-800x450.jpg (800x450, 81.94K)

No it isn't in the show you moron

based webm poster

Didn't they change her powers for the series? Anyway, the point is that Disney wanted a new diverse superhero.

They do that on purpose now to save money if the character they want is going to be around for a while. They learned from RDJ that every time you re up their contract they can get incredibly expensive so you hire a relative nobody who has no quote.

>this smug retard of an OP

Shhhh let him think he's on to something.

This is actually the more reasonable answer so far, instead of "they want muslim girl they could inf only one muslim girl duh"