Did americans really act like this when Martin Luther King died? This was the worst Mad Men episode so far

Did americans really act like this when Martin Luther King died? This was the worst Mad Men episode so far.

Attached: cap_Mad Men (2007) - S06E05 - The Flood (1080p BluRay x265 Silence)_00:22:54_02.jpg (1920x1080, 350.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t98vvPE-dNg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Weiner
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the worst Mad Men episode
You're retarded. They're all equally shit. There can be no worst one

Harry was actually right for once. Pete was hysterical.

>Did americans really act like this when Martin Luther King died?
That is how Jews think America acted when he died.

The MLK episode is meant to show how most of the office, and as an extension upper class East Coast America, have been transformed into very performative and inauthentic liberal Democrats by the culture and social movements of the 60s. It's something that largely vanishes by the end of the decade. Joan, Pete, and most of the others react in a massive way when they hear the news of MLK's assassination, crying their hearts out and being unable to work. Harry is the only real outlier, being more concerned with the bottom line of the TV ads being affected and worrying about the riots uptown.
Meanwhile Don is one of the only few who's reserved about the whole thing. He's obviously shocked and sympathetic for the sudden murder of such a leader as MLK, but he keeps going. Dawn, his black secretary, is the only other person in the office who feels the same way Don does. She comes in the day after, wanting to work over it, and is instead greeted by a weepy and condescending Joan who gives her a hilariously awkward hug. Both Don and Dawn clearly mourn MLK, but they both know it's far better and more honest to not sit around crying about it.
Towards the end of the episode Don takes Bobby to the movies while Megan and Sally go to a vigil. Megan and Sally's trip is performative; Don and Bobby's is actually therapeutic. The big emotional moment of the episode is how Don reacts when Bobby shows a surprising maturity in talking to the black cinema janitor about how "Everybody likes to go to the movies when they're sad." Don reacts to it more than he does to MLK's death, largely because it's something that actually directly affects him. Don's monologue at the end is all about fake performative feelings versus genuine emotion: youtu.be/t98vvPE-dNg
Although MLK's assassination was shocking and tragic, it didn't actually have a direct impact on anyone at SCDP because they're almost all removed from MLK. They're all faking it in a way, because that's what's expected.

Attached: MV5BMTcxODgwMTU0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxOTQ0OQ@@.jpg (2048x1365, 824.85K)

>da jooooz

Attached: act like a man.gif (355x200, 2.52M)

btw I've posted this before, but I'm reposting it because it's obviously relevant to OP
It isn't my favourite episode by any means, but I do think it's very blatantly misunderstood by people who think it's all about the more superficial race stuff

Attached: mm1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.23M)

OP here
That's a good, insightful post

Attached: cap_Mad Men (2007) - S06E05 - The Flood (1080p BluRay x265 Silence)_00:09:59_01.jpg (1920x1080, 366.23K)

>>da jooooz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Weiner
>Matthew Hoffman Weiner (/ˈwaJnər/)[1] (born June 29, 1965)[2] is an American television writer, producer, and director best known as the creator and showrunner of the television series Mad Men,
>Weiner was born in 1965 in Baltimore to a Jewish family.

the first ever transgender clinic was founded by a jew in Berlin. everything said about them is true.

Attached: 20591086.jpg (948x1411, 193.73K)

Glad you liked it. Basically, it's just an episode that ties into the show's wider themes about societal performance and self-image that uses MLK's assassination as a way of exploring that in Don and the office
You got some nice HD screencaps there btw, any good ones you wanna share?

Attached: mm20.jpg (3350x1886, 759.43K)

Great post, user. Looks like you actually paid attention when watching this show. Too bad this thread is already filling with Any Forums crap.

>takes part in a woman's rape
>"Noooo not the blackerinooo!"

Attached: cap_Mad Men (2007) - S06E05 - The Flood (1080p BluRay x265 Silence)_00:23:12_07.jpg (1920x1080, 349.46K)

So basic ass woke theory as taught in 101 woke studies in amrrimutt colleges? Wow so deep and insightful

>"Yes, and? You say that like it's a bad thing."

>this fucking pasta
Kill yourself

Yes, the jews.

once again madmenchads prove that they are too intelligent for this board

Attached: cap_Mad Men (2007) - S05E13 - The Phantom (1080p BluRay x265 Silence)_00:45:58_01.jpg (1920x1080, 269.02K)

Blacks hated MLK in all polling data. Everyone from every race disagreed with him. Malcom X hated him for using and abusing children and allowing them to die in marches. Something along lines of 'men dont put their children in harms way'. MLK said it was the best thing to ever happen when the child died. It took decades of propaganda to make MLK the fraud he is today. For fun, look up Archibald Carey's I Have a Dream speech that MLK plagiarized.

Nope, learn to read nigga
I've literally only posted this once before, and here only cause it's obviously directly relevant to OP's question. Hardly a pasta

Attached: 1652827070608.gif (241x236, 2.79M)

Pete's whole thing until the end is that he himself is a borderline act

teach me more
where do i begin to unravel the lies

Noone knew that in 1968 dumbass.

For me, it's Signal 30. Greatest episode of the whole show, even including The Suitcase
This guy gets it

Attached: E_08JqkVUAY2Qf1.jfif.jpg (2048x1152, 161.32K)

based MLK mogs faggot X every day of the week and twice on sundays
>Blacks hated MLK in all polling data. Everyone from every race disagreed with him.
absolute gigachad

explain further because i’m not sure i’m with you here

He's a pretender. A fraud. A phoney. He's supposed to be a foil for Don, who is a more authentic/successful fraud.

I'd say it's more like Don knows it, while Pete doesn't

That's what I mean when I say Don is a more authentic fraud.