Europe

>Europe

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-20 103534.png (662x614, 103.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O6b9GPywdP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Paul Joseph Watson recently made a video on this story

youtu.be/O6b9GPywdP0

>tfw someone owns that house

Attached: 1659279628962.webm (600x316, 1.24M)

What do they mean by built housing in the wrong places?
Where did they build it?

€1850 for a three bad in that part of the city is lower than average, hence the particularly long queue. But yeah its fucked

What happened?

>tfw someone owns that house
This is specifically what is so cynical and repugnant about that "you will own nothing" ideology. Because in reality someone will still own it, it simply won't be (You).

I have no idea what she means by "wrong place", I guess shes saying that more high rise apartments should have been built in cities.
The massive financial/property crash of 2008 meant that construction ground to an almost complete halt for the guts of a decade. More people kept moving here as the economy improved, but the construction sector didnt catch up. And national/local governments havent been keen on building public housing for the last few years.

Ireland isn’t europe doe they’re atlantoid meds like us

Are they atleast building now?
I always found it odd prices can be so extreme. Like it should be more profitable to build housing when its really expensive so why isnt it happening? We have a housing crisis aswell btw, i just dont get why these massive shortages happen

Well imagine my shock...

>built too many homes in the wrong places

( •_•)

>Like it should be more profitable to build housing when its really expensive so why isnt it happening?
I wonder this too. Prices are going up like crazy, there isn't enough houses for everyone and yet the statistic show that we have less population growth than ever

Yes, theres quite a lot of building now.
People tend to think high property/rental prices are a defect of our current system, but I think it's a feature. The people in charge want high prices because it means more money circulating in the economy, but theres a line between high but acceptable, and so high that it puts people off living and working here. The current and past governments of ireland, and probably a lot of other countries, have allowed things to slip too far to the latter.

This is why the soviet union should have won the cold war.

>build more houses
>prices still increase
It was always rigged from the start

how did people manage it in the past?

houses weren't viewed as investments. people didn't buy houses specifically so that they could accumulate rentpigs, and they didn't buy houses under the assumption that they could sell them later for a profit

They just grabbed some branches on the ground and made their own house

bullshit, people have been moving in masses to the cities since the industrial revolution and like I said, there was more population growth then, so it doesn't make sense
user's answer makes more sense

damn the irish must be breeding a lot!!
certainly it has nothing to do with caribbean niggas they import...

Attached: irish.jpg (633x686, 87.04K)

In Cork there's an online platform where you basically send a CV to the apartment owner so he can consider you for a tenant.
I've been renting the same room in a big house for 550 a month, but thankfully the owners fucked off to their cottage once covid hit 2 years ago.
Btw the house looks 100% better since I first went there in 2019. You can't believe how untidy and dirty an irish home is. First thing I did when they left in May 2020 was to bring a cleaning crew because I couldn't stand the state of the kitchen which I had to use daily.

Residents groups (boomer home owners) take legal action or lobby politicians to block new housing developments. Lots of Irish politicians are landlords as well so crazy rents suit them.

alri rorke

Renting used to be more common than it is now. These excessive rent problems are highly localized to urban cores that have recently experienced a surge in demand yet allow almost not construction at all

They built a load of America tier suburb houses surrounding Dublin, in soulless developments where nobody wants to live because there's nothing to do/no services.

How can you have a housing crisis when your country used to house 3 million more people than it does now

i'm in flyoverland and the rent is still pretty ridiculous even though the farmland is practically disappearing due to all the neighborhoods being slapped up

Thoreau wrote Walden in 1854, and he describes the rentoid issue and how it causes people in the big cities to be permapoor (comparing to some local Indian tribe where everyone can simply construct his own abode which is larger than a rentoid's space)

At a glance Dublin's public transport seems quite shit. Is it?

Yes

>be a boomer
>have your fathers go through hell with global depression and war and try their best that their children (you) wont go through similar suffering
>finally turn 18, just walk to the office of the nearest factory. talk to the bossman and give him a firm handshake and you'll get a good paying job until retirement
>use the first month's salary to buy a house and a car and live comfily for rest of your life
>ruin the environment, politics and retire while crying how hard it was for them when they were young and how millenials with their smart phones are delusional
why are you like that dad....