New layout sucks

new layout sucks
the forum doesn't exist anymore, can't access stories, and crowns disappeared

does this happen in your country

Attached: logo-with-duo.png (512x512, 31.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/12/language-apps-duolingo/573919/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use the web version. That way I don't have ads nor hearts

it changed too
at least in Europe
it's fucked up, man

do thirdies really
just sign up for language classes

>no icelandic
>no farsi
>no attic greek
>amputated latin course
But meme languages they have.

shit really? I only do it weekends
just checked, not like this bro...

why weren't you third worlders at language classes instead of fucking up an entire river then janusz

I did the first half of the French course, then moved on.

Duolingo team should fire their graphic designers and hire people to develop good courses instead.

>can't access stories
Wut

>Using this for German grammar exercises
>The stupid cunts get rid of the Dative and Akkusativ sections
Wow, bravo Duolingo, very cool!

Attached: images (28).jpg (522x587, 19.71K)

says the third on a language app LMAO

forum? idk that

didn't you have one for stealing cars there
you'll have to find a way to put your carps in your bathtub for Christmas now that you killed the river

We still have crowns in the UK.
Noi abbiamo ancora corone nel UK :)

The most annoying thing is that they still have the leader board and leagues which only serve to kick people with busy lives and inflate the ego's of assburgers who blatantly cheat to get the no1 spot.

>just sign up for language classes

I was assigned to a language class once as a complete beginner where everyone else were advanced speakers. It was one of the worst hours of my life and it's made worse as people who learn other languages in my country normally know another romance or Germanic language where they have a grasp of things like clitics and general linguistics.

Since then I've worked to variable rates to make sure I'm absolutely ready. I'll do classes when I complete Duolingo.

It was very useful to have native speakers explaining local idioms that the app doesn't tell you anything about. Like in Italian being 'to the green' means broke - a term theorised to be from poor people burning their candles down to what was in Italy a green base at the end of the month.

a lot of people will stop using it now
you can't even review lessons anymore. nor choose them based on your mood, etc
it became some sort of candy crush
there's no appeal to it at all

What retards make these design decisions lmao
All I wanted to do was review my Cases damnit, stupid fucking Owl.

It is not changed for me, I still see the old layout

reddit is melting now because of the update lol
check it out if you wanna see some rage

maybe now you will start learning a language instead of playing candy crush on the shitter

The Duolingo CEO on Duolingo:

>I recently got in touch with Luis von Ahn, a co-founder and the CEO of Duolingo, to ask whether my experience was typical. I expected some defensiveness from him about my need to use books to get the conversational skills I had hoped to get from Duolingo. But instead he laughed and told me the app had done exactly what it was built to do. “The biggest problem that people trying to learn a language by themselves face is the motivation to stay with it,” he told me. “That’s why we spend a lot of our energy just trying to keep people hooked.”
>Duolingo is essentially a product of crowdsourcing; volunteers build much of the teaching content, and the in-app behavior of its 27.5 million active monthly users is continuously analyzed to determine which exercises, sentences, and techniques lead to better adherence and faster learning. The challenge, von Ahn told me, is that the two metrics tend to be at odds: Making the lessons more difficult reliably speeds up learning—but also increases dropout rates. “We prefer to be more on the addictive side than the fast-learning side,” he explained. “If someone drops out, their rate of learning is zero.”
> ... “In the U.S., about half of our users aren’t even really motivated to learn a language; they just want to pass the time on something besides Candy Crush,” he said.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/12/language-apps-duolingo/573919/

No one at all seems to be happy about this. Hopefully they'll admit they fucked up and changed it back. Can anyone give me a decent app that will actually let me review cases and conjugations?

Just use Duolingo in conjunction with actual learning and classes. It's a good way of doing exercises to review your skills and practice some aspects of the language you may struggle with.
Which is exactly why their update which removed grammar specific sections was so fucking atrocious