One of the worst movie I have ever seen

One of the worst movie I have ever seen.

Attached: Donnie_Darko.jpg (640x480, 21.96K)

That's not true.

I forgot to mention it's also the only movie I've seen.

One of the worst thread I have ever seen.

>movie made for big brain edgy 13 year olds
>NOOOOOOOOO I DIDNT LIKE IT

Attached: 1653873414455.png (403x448, 53.25K)

did you watch the Director's Cut? yeah it's shit, you're supposed to watch the Theater Cut on this one

Dannie dorko is pretty good mkovie

SOMETHING HAPPENS AND I'M HEAD OVER HEELS

The theatrical cut is convoluted, the director's cut is much better.

i liked the music

Every google result says theatrical cut is better.

peak Any Forums post

It's a decent movie for it's time and does some creative stuff but in the end the message boils down to an idealization of suicide.
The universe literally tells him that "yes, you should kill yourself, and everyone will live better lives for it". Meanwhile, in life, Donnie was smart, attractive, and a person capable of accomplishing great deeds. His death is depicted as both a tragedy and as a something that needed to happen.
It's all very juvenile and reeks of the director having had very little actual life experience.

I dont know why people made a big deal about this film. Isnt this just about deja vu? Collective deja vu to be precise.

How many people do you figure an heroes because this movie gave them a subliminal last push

Not that many but it probably did happen to some

holy cope

I thought the point of the engine falling off the plane in one time line and crossing into the other to kill Donnie just meant that it was a all just a glitch in the time line that was correcting itself.

That is the reason in-unverse but it's not the reason thematically. The lives of his family and everyone around him would improve with him gone, which I'm sure many people with suicidal thoughts genuinely believe

the tangent universe (where 90% of the movie happens) literally stops to exist, Donnie's death is in the regular universe

It fell in both time lines he only got out of bed in the first one but purposely stayed in the second one so the girl didn't get killed?

They did show the pedophile getting away with it in the end though didn't they?

Do not ever watch the fucking cannes cut of southland tales

>It fell in both time lines
The engine is from the flight the mom is on, which is in the future relative to the point Donnie is in bed. This means Donnie's death is a direct result of a universe where did not die. It's a paradox.
I suppose that makes sense, but only in the way that time-phantom Frank harassing Donnie and purposely ruining his perserved existence in a metaphor for depression and suicidal thoughts being the root of the problem.

Everyone's life was negatively affect by unnatural forces, so it doesn't exactly justify the "life would be better without you" concept.

It was so confusing bros...