Why didn't it catch on?

Why didn't it catch on?

Attached: MV5BZDNiNTYzZTYtMjk2Ni00NDVlLWI1YWYtZDJhMzJlODQxODcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2OTM0NzQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1444, 115.35K)

it never catch on cause the 80s never died

80s are eternal. people were already getting nostalgic for the 80s in 90s.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 182.41K)

What was Glenn Howerton's catch phrase?

Terrible characters

The 80s nostalgia was not a thing then.

this guy knows whats up
i started listening to 80s hour on the local radio station in the late 90s

>That episode where Hyde rapes three women but gets away with it because of his ethnic background

>Why didn't it catch on?
no red forman
no kelso

The very first scene was HEAVY with 80s references, and they kept it going.

Its on the levels of people not really growing up in the 80s wrote the show(i.e Kung Fury), like how multimedia is now.

I've only ever watched bits of the pilot on youtube because I'd specifically heard about how unfunny it is. It's disgraceful. 70s Show wasn't very funny either but the characters were at least endearing, this doesn't even have that going for it. I'm surprised there were people willing to take that script and spend money filming it. Cancellation was inevitable.

what made the 80s so distinct and timeless? why haven't other decades since managed to rival it?

>the episode where the directors thoroughly inspect jackie's tight underage body and decide to give her the role after couchcasting her in every hole.

Be thankful it didn't or else we wouldn't have gotten 8-10 seasons of great comedy

it was a golden age, the end of the vietnam war and the oil embargo coupled with no more leaded gasoline lead to a "zeitgeist" of positivity and creativity

Honestly the 90s was better, but no one will understand how to capture that shit without some misunderstanding of how things were. Not even the continuation of that 70s show in the 90s will.

This, from what i have heard about a lot of people who lived that those times the 90's up until 9/11 were a golden age.

Tv advertising was perfected and unregulated and the audience was as enthralled as they would ever be. 80s nostalgia isn't about event or ideas it's about the birth of modern consumerism and that's why we celebrate it

>Honestly the 90s was better
WRONG

All of those people only say that because it was when they were children. If I were to pick a decade to be an adult in I'd still say the 80s.

said like a true millenial who doesn't know anything about the 80's

ive legitimately never seen someone claim the secret to the 80s was the fucking advertisements
Any Forums is legit the lowest iq board

"Ha ha right on baby"

I run leaded gasoline in my 1987 Buick.
Faggot.

Attached: turbot.jpg (1664x936, 454.36K)

seriously though it's getting harder to differentiate bait from actual retardation