Why does the US hate diesel cars?

None are sold here anymore. Meanwhile, Europe has cars that get 50mpg and cost nothing to buy.

Attached: Vroom Vroom.png (340x148, 10.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/ATAG/2017/595363/IPOL_ATA(2017)595363_EN.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

americans think that euro cars are unreliable but they just get some gasolines, all euro models that get driven a lot are diesels.

RegularCarReviews had an episode explaining how some Ford or Chrysler back in the 70s, or something like that, had dogshit quality control with their diesel lineup. As a result, Americans became unsatisfied with diesel engines. Diesel trucks had a renaissance in the 90s. BUT, yeeball retards roll coal around irl and on social media, so now people equate diesel engines with environmental hazards and inbreds. (When in reality, diesel is better than electric cars in terms of carbon footprints).

tl;dr: the American consumer is a retard

>americans think that euro cars are unreliable
they are. euro car companies suck dick compared to japanese cars. Even the companies like fiat which you would think is italian is just chinese lol

lol impossible to get kill these

Attached: diissel mese.png (580x822, 411.02K)

these rust as fuck

>euro car companies suck dick compared to japanese cars
yea but our cars are still superior to the average american car which is build to last 5 years at most

2008 crash and then the Diesel gate

>BUT AMERICA
m8 I know US cars are shit. They aren't even made here anymore. That's why I said Japanese instead. Although I'd take a v8 mustang than a euro car any day of the week

>fiat which you would think is italian
Fiat is owned by Stellantis which is Dutch.
Still shitty cars though.

>w123
no it wont, it was late 90s/ early 2000 models that had rust problems. Diesel volvos too, cant go wrong with those

Attached: diisseli xc70.png (561x854, 414.91K)

oh wow 1 car from the 80s wow. even US cars were good back then. Nowadays mercedes are shit

I know you just wikipedia'd that without realizing it was a merger that includes Chinese companies

just posted one example, euro diesels are way more reliable than what americans get

It was oldsmobile. I don't think it was so much with QC but the fact they just tried to take an ordinary gas V8 and retrofit it for diesel. They did fix a lot the issues but the damage was already done.
Also while its true diesels emit less carbon, they do emit more NOx gases which are just as bad if not worse the environment. American emission standards are also more strict on NOx which is a major if not the biggest reason why they aren't more popular here. Our goverment taxes the shit out of diesel too so the extra MPGs don't really make it worth it the extra price. I don't think most americans know diesel is actually the cheaper option in europe and vice versa.

>When in reality, diesel is better than electric cars in terms of carbon footprints
yeah im'a call bs on that lol. diesel engines are notorius for shitting the bed on emissions tests on top of being harder to maintain

wait, all that trucks use gas? Lmao you can't even off road, pathetic

>Nowadays mercedes are shit
German cars are literally most popular choice for taxi drivers, E-class with diesel engines is classic choice. Modern diesels are reliable, americans just dont get these utility models from german premium brands.

Attached: hel taksit.jpg (1200x1260, 595.19K)

Most trucks are gas. Only Diesel if they're for work or hauling shit.

if u are not a chink don't claim japanese cars

>German cars are literally most popular choice for taxi drivers, E-class with diesel engines is classic choice.
watch scotty kilmer

retard

>watch scotty kilmer
that dude is schizo, beside he dont have any experience with real euromodels just talking shit about european export models that america gets.

Your missing his point
The merecedes and BMWs europeans get are not the same ones we get in the US. It'd be like if toyota only sold lexus here.

Great Reset.

because you can shit on Americans all you want and they won't do anything about it, because they're too stupid to find out that anything is wrong.

europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/ATAG/2017/595363/IPOL_ATA(2017)595363_EN.pdf
tl;dr US has stricter emission standards, diesels pollute more and thus are harder to make compliant.

Heres taxi spec mercs in germany

Attached: uber_traditional-taxis-TXL_1280px.jpg (1280x814, 252.64K)

A bunch of American cars from the 80s-90s are still running around in my state. It is extremely rare to see anything European from that era still puttering around

>average american car which is build to last 5 years at most

Nope. Most American cars are engineered to go 200,000 to 300,000 km highway and then fall apart because everything hits end of life at about the same time.

Diesels were somewhat popular until VW was caught cheating on emissions tests which forced a huge recall. Also diesel fuel is generally fifty cents to a dollar more expensive per gallon than gasoline.