Robert Eggers says it’s hard to be creative in modern, secular society

How soon will they cancel him for this?
indiewire.com/2022/06/robert-eggers-modern-society-1234733111/

Attached: 68978240-692E-4FA8-BEBC-0D1DDD1B0606.jpg (828x1310, 213.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2vRbNehGB0
youtube.com/watch?v=YpCvQAQt_8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, because it would be so much better to be a creative in a society where theocratic fascists try to have your art censored or destroyed because it offends their totally real magic sky wizard.

This dude is totally a white nationalist in secret.

Based.

*tips fedora*

God be praised.

Attached: 1621257621880.webm (1790x1080, 2.97M)

As opposed to theocratic fascists fascists trying to have your art censored or destroyed because it offends their totally real

>"I think it’s hard to do this kind of creative work in a modern secular society because it becomes all about your ego and yourself,” Eggers said. “And I am envious — this is the horrible part — I’m envious of medieval craftsmen who are doing the work for God. And that becomes a way to … you get to be creative to celebrate something else"

Holy fucking mother of based

>in secret
I don't think it's a secret lol

Attached: 1598184383999.jpg (750x736, 86.73K)

the dad was cuter honestly

Literally who

He's right. Look at the art that was made during the renaissance vs the art thats made now. The loss of a sheltering sky in the form of a God that everyone could believe in has been a disaster for the human race. Nietzsche and Ted were right

holy crap he put his middle finger up that's so freaking insane something only a... a... a NAZI would do

If a tolerant and progressive society means less creativity than I’m all for zero creativity

Pretty based take. Kinda surprised.

Ralph Ineson is very cute.

Attached: FINCHY.jpg (4074x2716, 1.97M)

very based

Think for a minute about who owns hollywood, and get a vasectomy.

reddit moment

I like Eggers, but if it weren't for his casting choices, Anya taylor joy would've never had a career. That, I dislike him for

Attached: 1638365908734.jpg (780x438, 37.56K)

the irony in this post is unreal

medieval craftsman lived a pretty shit life

Sounds like cope from a creatively bankrupt artist. Look at post modernist classical music to see atheists create beautiful original music that far outshines traditional classical music with much more prolificacy.

He has a point, art used to be art, not a commercial product. The piece itself was important, not which opinions the artist has and if he had said something wrong a decade ago or not.

Attached: St Peters Basilica.webm (1200x506, 3M)

how is that any different from now? just replace magic sky wizard with NWO far left ideology

>theocratic fascists try to have your art censored or destroyed
Name some examples, I'm curious about that precious atheist ART from medieval times censored by theocratic fascists.

something something irony

Who told you that? Apart from academic jew books?

Attached: 1648841596327.jpg (744x800, 663.27K)

lmao

Hi Mike

Link up some nigga

That's literally how it is today but with fags and trannies.

I went to the cinema for the first time in three years just so I could financially support Eggers’ new film

>post modernist classical music to see atheists create beautiful original music that far outshines traditional classical music
Bait

there is a kernel of truth to what he's saying and i'm certifiably eggers-pilled since the bbitch but it's basically a reactionary cope

>theocratic fascists

Attached: 1655054732591.jpg (536x720, 43.68K)

TIRESOME
LAME
COMMERCIAL CULTURE

Attached: EGGERS.jpg (1600x902, 365.33K)

>But what about
Not an argument

That is an incredibly lame take. You can go on YouTube and see thousands of people crafting amazing shit. From woodworking to sculptures to hyper realistic drawings to metalworking, resin casting, cabinet making, aquariums, miniatures... People are more creative now than ever before. This man is a fucking retard.

>theocracy:
Michelangelo
Shakespear
>liberal technocracy
Disney Star Wars
Euphoria

Attached: hello_reddit.jpg (1508x1493, 359.22K)

haha yeah, youtube, the high point of our civilization
aquariums

Oh what, and marvel films aren't real cinema too? Fuck this chud

How would you hear about them if they were censored, retard faggot? Anyway, The Death of the virgin by Caravaggio was rejected by the church for not being biblically accurate.

I will now purchase every film in his filmography. Based.

Attached: E274EFF1-99A6-44FE-8C9D-457BBF708C8D.gif (466x498, 310.56K)

he's definitely courting white nationalist viewers which probably isn't a bad idea marketing wise
don't do anything that overtly pisses them off and you have a guaranteed audience

youtube.com/watch?v=_2vRbNehGB0
youtube.com/watch?v=YpCvQAQt_8s

heres your modern culture bro

Attached: Sanford-Biggers.jpg (1000x600, 158.43K)

So glad we gained the freedom to blaspheme against God and in exchange lost the ability to tell the truth about human beings (like blacks, women, trannies, faggots etc.).

If you work anywhere even slightly prestigious you cannot go through a single day without having to lie about these things.

Make a movie for the actors who are in it.

Why do atheists have a fucking meltdown every time someone is vaguely congratulatory toward religion?

also:

Attached: p6whpt3nk8z81.jpg (640x854, 65.94K)