Unironically how did this go from being practically unknown/nearly forgotten to being one of the biggest anime of the...

Unironically how did this go from being practically unknown/nearly forgotten to being one of the biggest anime of the moment?

Attached: eva.jpg (780x1155, 150.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A6aTtQED_D8&t=5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

incels

Social media
Loser weebs spend a lot of time online and talk about content they consoom. This then influences less loser weebs and so on til it gets to normies

Eva has always been super know, in and outside japan. Even the most casual top 10 lists listed it.

Asuka. Without her, there is no Evangelion.

Attached: 1648067657682.png (735x1000, 765.04K)

It's an extremely memeable show, as well as being good. Once it made it to tiktok it was over for other animes in terms of popularity.

Any Forums ironically opened the floodgates to this anime for normies by continuing to hammer on the Rei vs. Asuka debate rather than talk about the show itself.

Lil' Jimmy's first robot animu.

This user might be on to something...
Is Asuka best girl?

Aged pretty well, got released on Netflix, lot of marketing around it, the final RoE got released at around the same time as well. A whole generation of zoomers discovering the kino for the first time, Evangelion is still enjoyable after all those years.

>Rei vs. Asuka
Asuka won in 1997.

Attached: 1648062171545.jpg (906x1274, 449.55K)

>le angry woman
you will never have sex

lot of depressed people identify

>Is Asuka best girl?
She is THE anime girl. You can love her, or hate her. But she is.

>practically unknown/nearly forgotten
Not in anime circles/Japan.

I remember it being really popular on Any Forums back in the 2000s but I could never find it anywhere. There were no DVDs or VHS I could ever find irl or online, I never saw it play on tv and anytime I tried to download it, it was always some unwatchable mess that was edited weird and didn’t have subtitles

So I have no idea why it was so popular when it was so hard to watch. I guess Gen X people who watched it in the early 90s were having their nostalgia trip over it in 2006ish and that spread it to millennials.

I watched it on Netflix for the first time ever and really liked it. I know I will get hate for this, but I think the Netflix resin sounds much better, Shinji actually sounds like a teenage boy instead of a man trying to sound like a teenage boy like in the original and I think nostalgia glasss are a reason so many people really disagree with this

But I will have her.

Attached: 1648417403938.png (2212x2782, 3.47M)

zoomer thread

It was always extremely popular. It's one of the anime normalfags watched, next to DBZ, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Sailor Moon.

What the hell are you smoking?
It was always popular

>practically unknown/nearly forgotten
this was literally never the case

When did Eva die out? Long as I can remember it's always been well known.

In the west

I watched NGE and end of evangelion and enjoyed them. I have no idea what these “rebirth” movies are, is it something I should watch?

Eva was never unknown

my point stands

youtube.com/watch?v=A6aTtQED_D8&t=5s
it was always big. stop buying revisionist history.

ca 2010-2019

You know what they are

Coomers, fags and incels. It's called Incelgelion for a reason.

Attached: vomit.jpg (1440x1080, 108.72K)

it turns out that she always was. crazy, i know. but this is all backed up and supported by all of the experts.

Attached: 04210829-57CF-49DB-AA6D-0A0A414C758C.jpg (500x500, 79.27K)