The boys

it's a really weird show. The satire genuinely ranges from low-tier Any Forums humour to dumb boomer memes
It's like the show has schizophrenia

Attached: ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vUlRUVjczNzIyNC53ZWJw.jpg (1200x1778, 878.57K)

so, basically Any Forums?

it's just jewish rat seth rogen being a jewish rat

The show has world-building amnesia. That's why people forget about the show after every season.

no, cause all the boomer memes on Any Forums are ironic which makes them fucking hilarious

Attached: violence4.png (440x376, 237.76K)

Can you give example of boomers meme in it?

Attached: 1615716390230.jpg (700x917, 104.13K)

It most probably employs a lot of improv. Most jokes are hilarious because the actors fit for them so I bet they do a lot of experimentation on stage.

Attached: file.png (1649x907, 955.23K)

All the attempts at political satire are some variation of neocon boomers calling the other side racist
also there's literal facebook memes in the show being played unironically

Attached: 3732973-t.png (519x420, 183.56K)

Attached: The.Boys.S03E04.Glorious.Five.Year.Plan.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb2.webm (688x780, 2.84M)

Yeah well they're not zoomers they're young millennials. They're going to go with what they get from Twitter and Facebook and Pinterest. But also the kind of memes they use are accessible enough that everybody has seen them and it's not abstract over both or requires zoomer mentality to get

They kinda lost the plot in Season 2
>Season 1
>very clear satire of megacorps and mass media
>specifically targets Disney
>changes the source material in some ways but maintains the spirit
>feels like a response to our current culture the way the original was a response to the mid-2000s Bush years
>"Woke politics are actually a smokescreen to obfuscate a bunch of corporate rapists"
>Season 2
>now needs to course-correct since it's being made by one of the aforementioned megacorp media conglomerates
>makes fun of corporations (but social media users with edgy opinions are the REAL bad guys!)
>mocks the feminist pandering scene in Endgame with "girls get it done"
>but then girls get it done unironically
>we love AOC but also she's the main villain?
>went from a show that irreverently lampooned capeshit and celebrity culture to legitimate capeshit
I've heard S3 is much better, so maybe I'll check it out. But S2 led me to checking out the books and they're so much better just because there's no pretense. It's just edgy gory silly superhero shit. I don't believe the show could pull off something like the G-Men arc (and especially how it ends).

>now needs to course-correct since it's being made by one of the aforementioned megacorp media conglomerates
how ?
>makes fun of corporations (but social media users with edgy opinions are the REAL bad guys!)
true
>mocks the feminist pandering scene in Endgame with "girls get it done"
that's good
>but then girls get it done unironically
that wasn't as cringe as the Endgame scene
she looks like AOC so...she's AOC ?
>went from a show that irreverently lampooned capeshit and celebrity culture to legitimate capeshit
not really i mean let's compare it to Marvel tv shows, which one do you prefer ?

shut up woman

see

This motherfucker is secretly the best part of the show. You come for Homelander and Butcher, you stay for The Deep.

>.02 cents have been credited to your Amazon Prime account

>noooo if you argue and defend the show you're a shill waaaaah
again, see

>she looks like AOC so...she's AOC ?
I mean yeah dude. Thats the intent of casting an activist politician that looks a certain way, so yeah.
I think Amazon had done something that Vought would do; demo the show to hell to find out who watches it. Then they add enough jokes to appeal to right wingers, but not enough to piss off their liberal base. Amazon wants to have their cake and eat it too just like Vought. Why leave money on the table when you could get that MAGA dollar by making fun of wokeness juuuust enough. Which is why the show feels schizo. There are many mixed messages because of corporate interference.

They can't parody their owners and writers so they parody some weird fantasy version of America
>Yeah bro, the big corporations running the government are all ran by anti-woke bushite christians who push not one, but two different Trumps (one a Nazi Jewess, other a blond rapist) and care a lot about being in good graces with rural and suburban retards in middle america than white millennials and minorities in the coastal cities, love guns and are totally against token muslims
>Any Forums Latinos and Jewesses are the ones really in control and they're on the side of social media schizos and conspiracy theorists and populists, who are the real bad guys

Imagine herogasm in the show

But she only looks like AOC a bit, desu to me she looks more like an arab or something than latina, and she doesn't say the dumb shit that AOC does. So just because she vaguely resembles AOC seems kind of a stretch, but idk.

good summary
Y0V24